Family and Friends Visa

Hello there, and thank you for reading,
I applied for friends and family visa for Belgium at the beginning of April, I would be arriving on June 22. I already have the plane tickets/ hotels booked and paid for. It's taking a very long time to give me an answer. because my application got send to the immigration office in Brussels. and since it was at immigration it was considered as short term thus "tourist". It also seems that my passport is in Belgium too ( don't know why though). My question is how are the chances that I will be refused?  Is there a chance I would be accepted but it would be too late to take my trip since my passport has to come back from Belgium?

For more information, I am from Jordan and I just finished my masters so no job, but I have money saved and my trip is funded by two parties who signed an obligation: a Belgian citizen and my family. I also have an invitation letter from the Belgian citizen, pictures of us together proving we actually know each other and proof of my applications for Ph.D.'s in Europe (as proof I won't run away and mess up those chances).

Family/Friend visit visa and tourist are exactly the same: Visa C
The only difference is the document to give in your file.

You should NEVER pay anything before doing a Schengen Visa (except if you're already a trusted tourist that already had previous visa C and won't be denied).
Booking is enough!

Your passport should still be at the embassy. Unless further investigation are needed because you gave them fake papers / fraud / else

If it's your first attempt to get a Schengen Visa and if your application has been forwarded to the immigration for review, chances are high that you'll be denied, through not 100%.
Embassies don't forward files that looks good, so you might have done a mistake.

Yes, your application can be accepted after the planned date.
Then you'll be able to ask the same duration up to 3 months after the day it has been approved, and you'll have to give them a valid flight ticket.

well called the embassy today and according to them, every application from my country get sent to the immigration office. and my contact in Belgium called and they said there is nothing wrong with the papers, frauds or whatever.
and yeah hopefully it gets accepted within the date can't afford new plane tickets.