Do We Bring Our Dog To Mombasa?

Hi, we are moving to Mombasa in August and we are planning on our Jack Russell dog Archie to come with us. Has anyone brought a dog with them and if so how's it going?

Hi Jasondean0,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Hi,

You can take a pet to Kenya.  The Kenya High Commission website gives advice on the requirements.

Mombasa is much hotter than the UK and very humid.  If your dog has difficulty tolerating the hottest days in the UK, then consider your decision carefully.

Hello from Mombasa,

Bringing your pet to Mombasa depends on how long you will be staying. If you'll be here for only a two year contract, it might not be worth bringing your pet. Mombasa is very hot and humid and houses with gardens large enough for dogs to run around in are becoming very scarce. Most apartments do not accept pets so please consider your decision very carefully.

Should you wish to have more info, please contact me [email protected].

I have moved to Kenya in 2000 with 5 Rottweilers and 2 lap dogs. Over the years the doggie family became smaller and eventually new arrivals make the up the family to 5. 4 females of mixed breeds and 1 very spoilt abandoned Jack Russell of uncertain age.

Please write with any questions.
Regards
Thurl Jackson (Mrs)

yes bring them i will be glad to see them.....