Immigrating to Ireland from South Africa with an Irish Passport

Good afternoon, please would you kindly assist me with information or if possible, point me in the right direction?

We are looking at the option of moving to Ireland from South Africa - it is just the 2 of us with our 3 dogs. My husband holds an Irish passport but I do not - I only have a South African passport.

My husband owns his own business in the Sanware industry & also has extensive experience in sales & specifications.

I have worked in the Logistics industry for 16 years for an international company in both imports & exports, as well as ocean and air freight.

We are not certain where to even start with the process or what are the requirements are?

Any information on how to start our application, housing, career opportunities, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Based on your husband's Irish nationality, you should have no problem entering and living in Ireland; this link will take you to the Irish government website that describes the process.

As for your other questions:

Housing - depends on how much money you have and are willing to spend on a house; I'd recommend looking around the Internet to see what's available; Dublin is insanely expensive.

Careers - logistics is a broad church and Ireland is an island, so a lot goes on; whether your background is relevant I don't know, but unless you have a key-skill that's much in demand, long-distance job searching will be frustrating; if you're determined to move, then all you can do is make the move, but make sure you have enough behind you to move on/back if it doesn't work out.

I'd recommend you read through some of the threads in our Ireland forum; lots of people have posted their experiences and thoughts - some of it has not been good.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team