Getting S1 Visa

Hi everyone

My husband is in the process of getting his Z Visa, I think he will get it within a month. And I as his wife can get s1 Visa. I have this question do you know if it is possible for me to come to China with tourist visa (L Visa) and then convert it to S1 Visa in China?
If not as I know he must go alone and after he got his work permit and resident card he can send me an invitation letter ...how long does the process take??
I would appreciate it if you help me with some knowledge.

Yes. You can come on a tourist visa and then go through the paperwork to get your S1 visa. Once they grant you the S1, they will void out your tourist visa. It's not a problem.

Hi
Thanks for your reply, I have been told I can accompany my husband on his Z Visa and I need to prepare some documents, like health certificate and marriage certificate and the copy of my passport. Not sure if any other documents are needed?! It just makes the process take longer time.

In general, You will not have any problem. Just make sure that you have your S1 visa first before you even see a customs officer.

Seriously, you will not be able to enter China without a visa.

So once you have a visa then you can accompany your husband entering china. Without one, then you will have to wave bye to him at customs. Bye bye.

https://coconuts.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/chinese-only-immigration-lane2.jpg

So, yes you can enter with him if you are carrying an S1 visa with your husband's z visa.

No you cannot enter without a visa, just having some documents with you. Not gonna happen. No way. No how. I am DEAD serious about this. Anyone who tells you differently is LYING to you. You just cannot...CANNOT..C-A-N-N-O-T enter China without a visa.

China is not the USA. The Chinese police will not take you to a local judge and release you into the public to come back for an immigration hearing. That's just nonsense. I do not know who filled your head with such nonsense. Maybe it's someone who wants to see you hurt and crying. There are people like that, you know. Don't listen to them. China is a nation of laws. And they follow them to the letter.

They will lock you up in a holding cell. While they try to find out why you are trying to avoid the simple visa process. After all, it's not a difficult process. For someone to avoid going through the process signifies that you have something to hide. So they will put you in a holding cell while they figure out why you are trying to slip into the country illegally.

https://cdn.saleminteractivemedia.com/associated-press/data/photos/2017/216/c3f568f8-683b-4174-a04b-c71672b2948b.jpg

If someone in a consulate or embassy says otherwise, then get their name and phone number, as well as it in writing. That will save you having to sleep in a holding cell for 72 hours before they deport you.

http://image.freshnewsasia.com/2017/113/fn-2017-08-24-16-55-36-8.jpg

HEED MY WORDS. There is more than just being turned back, and spending three nights in a Chinese jail to worry about. For, once you try to violate Chinese immigration law, you will be banned from ever entering China for ten years. Ten years! Will your husband in China wait for you to join him for ten friggin' years? I'd rather doubt it.

That is the law. China is a nation of laws. They pick up the book. They read the law and they apply it. It is not like the USA where two groups of lawyers negotiate on terms. China will have none of that. You WILL follow the law, or you will be banned. It's pretty simple, and I know, harsh. But that's China.

https://bimg.antaranews.com/bali/2015/05/ori/20150508china-human-trafficking.jpg

Work NOW, to procure your S1 visa. Go to your local consulate and fill out the documents with the kind lady at the window. Do not, under NO circumstance enter China without a visa. That is not only foolish, but dangerous.

Listen to me. Get your act together. Get your papers together. Go to the embassy or consulate, and get your S1 visa. It is not hard. You just have to spend all day in lines. But you MUST do it.

http://image.freshnewsasia.com/2017/113/fn-2017-08-24-16-55-35-2.jpg

What do you think these people thought when they entered China illegally? What do you think was going through their heads? What do you think prompted them to try to break Chinese law? DO you think that they though their decisions through? I don't. Do not be like them. Go to the embassy and get a visa.

http://cdn.tmpo.co/data/2015/07/31/id_423678/423678_620.jpg

Do not gamble withyour life...your marriage...your future... on some hearsay from a "well wisher". Unless you have an AUTHORIZED CHINESE DOCUMENT from the embassy, you will be turned away. If you put up a fight (complain or cry) they will arrest you, and investigate you and blacklist you for ten years. You don't take chances with China.

https://calvinayre.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/police-expose-macau-hotels-blue-card-scheme-for-frequent-chinese-gamblers.jpg

I don't mean to frighten you, but again, China is not the USA. One Marijuana cigarette will have your arrested and put in a rehabilitation center for two years. Two cigarettes will be considered as dealing and you will be facing death plus 3 (Three years of organ harvesting then death). Do NOT take China for granted. When you come to China you OBEY THE LAWS here.

Again, I don't want to frighten you, but I do want to slap you in the face. You have a precious marriage. You have the start of a new life. You have the makings of a wonderful future. And yet...and yet... you seemingly want to throw it all away on some hearsay that could get you thrown in a Communist Chinese Prison...are you friggin' crazy?????

Oh, and by the way.... You obviously never been to China before, so let me tell you how it works...

There will be lines. Oh Lordy... you haven't seen such long lines. With hundreds of people standing in front of you. You will wait in the lines for at least an hour while each person get processed. Those of us who are returning expats go through the biometirc scans rather quickly. Just our finger prints and facial recognition. The new comers, however will take longer as they will have a make an entirely new biometric profile.

So, what your "friend" is saying is that the Chinese government will be A-OK with you holding up the line simply because you were too lazy to get the visa at the embassy. Nope. That's not the way it will work.

Sorry for the slap of reality.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the reply and I really appreciate your concern. I believe I couldn't say what I exactly wanted to say. I didn't mean to enter the country without Visa. I meant while the Chinese government is doing their work to give my husband the work permit notice they can see my documents too so in the letter of work permit notice they will write my name as his accompany, then we take necessary documents and the work permit notice to the embassy and get our Visa . My husband his Z Visa and I my S1 Visa.  This is what I have been told. And I wanted to make sure if it is correct. And make sure of the needed documents .  Before that I thought the only way of getting S1 Visa is that my husband should go alone with his Z Visa and after getting his residency and his work permit he can send me invitation letter so I go and get my Visa which I had to wait for at least a month and be far from my husband.
Again so many thanks for your concern and sorry I caused this misunerestanding .

Get an agent to assist. I have a Z visa, my wife entered with a tourist visa that was converted to a S1. My employer uses agents for us expats to deal with immigration