Hello--Main Topic: Dental Work in Mexico

Hi there. I live in the United States and am looking for information on having dental work done in Mexico: Mexico City, Oaxaca, or Mazatlan. If you are an expatriot living in Mexico and have information on dentists and/or dental work, including recommendations, please write. Thank you.

While I haven't been to Mexico City, Oaxaca, or Mazatlan, I have had dental work done in Los Algodones, Baja California (Los Algodones is across the border from Yuma, Arizona).

In four trips, I've had five extractions, one sinus boost,one root canal/buildup, eighteen crowns and six implants/crowns.

Had the work been done in Seattle, it would have cost about $100,000. It was under $10,000 in Algodones and my Seattle dentist couldn't find anything to complain about.

I have a 30-page journal from my first trip in October, 2006.

If you, or anyone else, would like me to email a copy of the journal, please send an email to my Yahoo address (SuzanneFromSeattle).

-- Suzanne From Seattle

Hello, thank you for your reply. That does sound like a worthwhile place to go. Can you tell me the name of your dentist in Algodones and how you found out about him/her? So far the most accessible dentists we've found, with the most information posted online, have been in Tijuana. We're not too keen on going there--would rather go elsewhere.
So any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely--dental patients in search of a Mexican dentist.

A lot of Americans come to Puerto Vallarta to have dental work done. My wife has had several implants at a fraction of the cost stateside. There are several very well qualified and equipped dentists in PV.

catrui wrote:

Hello, thank you for your reply. That does sound like a worthwhile place to go. Can you tell me the name of your dentist in Algodones and how you found out about him/her? So far the most accessible dentists we've found, with the most information posted online, have been in Tijuana. We're not too keen on going there--would rather go elsewhere.
So any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely--dental patients in search of a Mexican dentist.

Email me at my Yahoo.com address (SuzanneFromSeattle) and I'll send you the 30-page journal containing the details on how I chose Los Algodones, how I chose my dentist, and everyting about my first trip.

-- Suzanne From Seattle

There's a super fantastic dentist here in cozumel, Dra. Alejandra Novoa, that everyone loves and people come here from the States to visit.   You can reach her at cozumel-dentist.com,  she's fully bi-lingual and her office is super up to date.

any dentists in the guadalajara area?!?:D

Here's an article we wrote that includes a list of dentists in Merida, Yucatan. We've lived here for seven years, have had a lot of dental work done here, and couldn't be happier with the prices AND the work!

http://www.yucatanliving.com/yucatan-su … merida.htm

refried dreamer wrote:

any dentists in the guadalajara area?!?:D

There are many dentists in Guadalajara.  You might also want to check out the dentists in the smaller towns around GDL.  I know of many city folk that prefer the smaller town dentist to the ones in GDL. Just a thought.

I had dental work done to the bone in Acapulco. Many years experience, never a real problem. Cost difference pays for air fare.

I am a northern Mexican finance student in Edmonton. Alberta but my Mum is an orthodontist in Chihuahua, Chihuahua. She and her partner have another beautiful clinic named S&J Dental Clinic in Ojinaga, Chihuahua. This is a small border town across from Presidio, Texas. They're both bilingual, have outstanding credentials, and offer sophisticated services to tailor any needs.

If you need help in a different area, please do not hesitate to contact me so my Mum may recommend a dentist nearby. Good luck :)

Pablo