Recruitment

Hello everyone
Iam a florist based in the Middle East and l would like to relocate to Costa Rica...l would like to know if they have good hotels and flower shops in Costa Rica..thanks in advance.

Plenty of both

Thank you so much...can you kindly assist me please?

Unfortunately, unless you have Permanent residency, have a work visa which you wouldn't be eligible for your profession or work online, it is 'illegal' for you to work here.
Suggest you read these links to more information.

Unless if still as used to be you can BUY your own buisiness..It he[ps if you hire Costa Ricans..Good Luck..You may find f;lowers here MUCH Cheaper than in the Middle east...

Thank you so much

hi Ken4u, have you consider to move to Indonesia?. i can say that Indonesia is now become an emerging market country which you can develop your business very fast because the market is already available and the demand is high. Lots of marketplace here, lots of online shop online fashion retailer, online automotive industries, etc. This is one of example from hundreds online florist, named prestisa online florist. It's platform is only wordpress but somehow it can generates lots of traffic and conversion.

You can open a shop here but you have to use locals to do the “work” unless you cannot find someone qualified. I have friends in nosara that have businesses and it has gotten more difficult over the years but still very doable. There are florists but I'm sure you are unique and uniqueness is what people are wanting. I say go for it!!!

Honestly I can't imagine that you can make much money as a florist, but it's worth looking into.

Certainly you'd want to come here first and interview florists, check out the prices and costs of running such a business etc before moving here.

My compatriots above are correct - you cannot yourself work in the shop but you can manage it; you'd have to hire Ticos to do the work, which would cut into your profit as opposed to doing it all  yourself. Many do work in their own shops/hotels/B&B's etc, but technically it's illegal and you'd have at least some risk of being forced to stop working and/or be deported.

Having said that, I've yet to know of anyone who has been deported for it, though I did hear of one case years ago.

By all means come to check out the possibilities! And also you should live here at least a few months - preferably a year or more - before moving here and starting a business. Most of us here agree on that. But certainly anything is possible and doable if you have the right business in the right area and the will to succeed. We're just trying to help you go into it with eyes wide open.