Medical Advice (is it time to go back to England for treatment)

Hello everyone

In March of this year (2018) I injured myself in the neck area whilst stretching. I had both hands behind my neck, tilted my head way back (too much ) and tensed up quite a lot. The moment I straightened my head out I knew something was wrong. That afternoon I felt spaced out, light headed and to be honest, a bit scared. I feel constantly drowsy and my vision has been slightly affected as in, the world looks a bit like it does when you are drunk.

I've been living with this for months now and it's starting to get to me. The local doctors where I live (Shandong) are useless so far. They keep saying the bones in the neck are the issue. They might be an issue...but it's not the cause of THIS (new) issue. When I injured myself that fateful afternoon, my problems started there and then. I would compare the symptoms to how you feel when you first wake up. I'm in that state the whole time.

Is it worth visiting a proper hospital in shanghai? The doctors here are not much help. They can't seem to diagnose the problem. Burst blood vessel? crushed something? I'm at my wits end.

Sorry for the long post

Paul

Paul, you may need to do a MRI on the cervical vertebra...no a CT scan...MRI is better than CT scan for checking spinal cord injury.  I work at Shanghai East International Hospital (check SEIMC.COM.CN)...let me know if your insurance covers the cost, and we can start from there.

Do not discount Chinese medical care. It is among the best in the world. After all, most Chinese live an average of 15 years longer than their American counterparts. If I were you, I would go to a hospital in a first tier city. Maybe one associated with Hong Kong and get a good check up.