Asylum

Hi please i need your help to clarify this. My wife seek asylum in brazil due to persecution she faced in home country which led to the death of her only sister. Now she born our baby in brazil on Nov 10 2017 and we could not get the permanent resident due to the break during this time and now she travelled to Qatar for almost 8months but her asylum document is still valid for 2 more months,

Question: Can she travel back to brazil with this document given to her in brazil when she applied for asylum

If we apply for visa here will they approve for my wife ?

I need your help on this thanks

It may be possible for her to go back since the document is still valid, but your best bet for Brazilian residence now would probably be as the parents of a Brazilian, since your child was born in Brazil.
The Brazilian Embassy in Doha includes a Consular Section.  You can address your questions, in English, to them here:  [email protected]

Thank you so much  for your response i appreciate.

Hi abthree,

I hope i meet you well.

Today my tourist visa application to Brazil was rejected in Qatar as i was told that because my wife has alreeady applied for asylum in brazil and she is now out of Brazil for more than 90days they will not grant our visa.

May i ask what and what do i need to do? I planned to travel by Novemeber but now our visa is denied  due to my wife current status in Brazil. Im confused right now as i need to be in Brazil to apply for our RNE. Kindly advise what is best for us and which way to go about this.

How do i cancel her refugee status if need be?
How can we enter brazil again as this is a real great challenge for us all. my baby is a brazilian and i have been to brazil multiple times with no criminal record only issue is that my wife has over stayed outside Brazil which is more than 90 days but her protocol will still be valid til Decemeber.

Hoping for your good advise.
Thanks

I thought that this might be the case.

You don't have to cancel your wife's refugee status:  it apparently was already canceled.  Under the Refugee Statute, if a refugee leaves Brazilian territory without prior approval of the Brazilian government, s/he automatically loses refugee status.  If you have a document from the Federal Police authorizing her trip, and if she has complied with it, that could change the picture.  I assume, though, from your description, that this is not the case.

It's important to note that she's not considered to have committed any kind of an offense in leaving Brazil, so she is not barred from returning.  But, since she freely left and apparently can travel freely in and out of Qatar, it's highly doubtful that she'll be accorded refugee status again.

As I said in my prior post, your best option -- and apparently now, your only option -- is for both of you to apply for VITEM XI visas based on family reunion, by virtue of your Brazilian child.  In your place, I might want to obtain my child's Brazilian passport first, to ensure that his/her citizenship is recognized, and then apply for the visas, but there's no reason not to do it all at once.  Pull together all of the required documents, and especially your child's Brazilian birth certificate, and submit copies (not originals) with your applications; the originals will be inspected at the Consulate.  Make sure that the Consulate staff understands that your intention is to raise your child as a Brazilian, in Brazil.   

If you don't have your child's Brazilian birth certificate, you have a serious, serious problem.  The maternity hospital where your wife gave birth may be able to help:  they often have a cartório on the premises, and register every birth as a matter of course.  If so, they may be able to send you an authenticated copy.
Good luck.

Hi Abthree,

Thanks so much for taking your time to explain indepth for me. just now i went to the Brazil embassy here in Doha just to ask which way forward but thier response is not helpfull at all. I was told that any visa i applied for after now will be denied until i ensure that my wife has been LEGALISED in brazil.

Im so confused right now, They said i have to communicate to the CONARE in brazil which i dnt even have a contacts.

My Explaination: October 2017 My wife and i travelled to Brazil to have our baby and she applied for asylum on December 2017 because she will not be going back to home country due to the persecussion shes facing there. And our baby was born on November 2017
We got our baby birth certificate and Passport in sao paulo by December and January 2018 respectively then we came to doha for our work in February 2018.

we could not apply for our RNE by then due to the hold and change of law during this period, Now we went to apply for tourist visa on October 4 and Got denied on October 30 2018 after long wait.

Reason: Visa was Denied because my wife left Brazil without prior approval from the conare.
Today October 31st i went to Brazil Embassy in Doha and ask what to do next but they told me i have to first ensure my wife is legalised in brazil otherwise all my visa application will be denied and i can only apply after 6month.

Please im in a cross road now as i do not know what to do on how to legalise my wife since we are here in Qatar. Even if i applied for VITEM XI visa as you suggested they said it will be denied.

How can i legalise my wife in Brazil since im here in Qatar?
How can i cancel the asylum application from here in Doha if its still valid?

Please i need help.
God bless you.

Did you ask the Consulate how to contact CONARE?  They may have a better way than this one. 

The email address of CONARE is

[email protected]

Write to them, include a scan of your wife's document.  Ask how to legalize her status, so that you can return to Brazil with your Brazilian child.

Sorry, beyond that, I'm out of ideas.