Tourist visa for Brazil - UK citizen

Hi all,

My name is Imran and I am new to this forum.

I love Brazil and have traveled there 3 times this year and I want to go back.

I was hoping you could provide some advice/solution on my situation as I am reading a lot of conflicting information online and again this does not match with what I have heard from the Brazilian consulate in London. What are the rules and time limits on entering Brazil on a tourist visa?

I traveled to Brazil on the following dates this year:

7th February - 23rd February 2018
15th May - 31st May 2018
24th July - 25th September 2018

This equals to 98 days which is an overstay of 8 days which I wasn't aware of until I counted the days today. I left Brazil with no issues and I wasn't asked to sign any paperwork regarding the overstay and nothing was stamped in my passport mentioning an overstay.

I would like travel to Brazil a few times in 2019 and would like to stay for around 2 months +- each time but not exceeding 180 days in one year (as I believe this is the rule)

I would like to return to Brazil at the beginning of January 2019. Is this possible as I first entered Brazil on 7th February 2018? and how would I go about doing this? Would there be any issues if I entered before 7th February 2019?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Imran

tourist visa permits a stay of 90 days in Brazil, this may be extended (prorrogação de estado) for a further period of 90 days at the headquarters of the Federal police nearest where you live without having to first leave the country.

A tourist visa thus permits a maximum stay of 180 days (6 months). This is now calculated on a rolling year (i.e. the 365 days previous to one's present entry into Brazil).

Most tourist visas permit multiple entries in any given year. What happens in this case, the number of days of your previous stay(s), including both day of arrival and day of departure, is subtracted from 180 to determine the maximum stay for the current entry.
Now this info is a little old, but should be a good start and many of the same questions have been asked on this forum so try to sort through them.