Do Foreign bachelors degrees apply?

Hi everyone?
My name is Martha and am from Kenya and still currently in Kenya.I have a dutch fiancé and I often frequent the Netherlands(he lives in Hoorn).My question today is on careers and jobs in Netherlands,I work at a university in Kenya in the admissions office and previously I have worked in a bank as a credit officer.
I have a bachelors degree in Bussiness Administration and would love to know if I can have my academic papers analysed so as to determine wether I can I get job in this line of jobs or do I need to go back to class to ‘upgrade' this degree.
Kindly can somebody give me pointers about this
Thank you.

Hi Martha and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of this page is a link to our "Discover" section, if you select that, you'll get access to our "The Netherlands Guide", which contains articles written to help you plan your journey.

Business Administration is not regulated in Holland and is what I would call a vanilla degree, so is worth whatever value a potential employer thinks it's worth.  The Dutch Government have an organisation that compares foreign qualifications to their Dutch equivalent; this link will take you to the Kenyan section of that website.  It will give you an idea of what educational achievement to claim when dealing with agencies and potential employers.

Should you be lucky enough to qualify as a "skilled migrant", then you may not have to go through the MVV process, which involves you learning Dutch and passing an exam before they will issue you with a Residence/Work permit.  It follows that should you not qualify as a skilled migrant, then you will have to go through the MVV process and our guide should help you through that.

Once you have read our guide and checked out the links therein, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team