EP is rejected due to 5k salary for fresh PhD

Hi,

Please advice for my following case:

I got offer from company A with salary 3.8k and they applied EP on 29 June. It was approved on 19 July and the IPA also issued the same date.

21 July, I got another offer from company B with higher offered salary: 5k. I decided to withdraw from company A and they cancelled my (approved) EP.

I signed the contract with company B on 24 July. And they applied EP on 16 August.

The EP was rejected on 10 September. Reason: the advertising job in jobs bank is expired.

The company posted the new ads job on 12 sep promised to reapply EP after 2 weeks.

I recently contacted my bos (supervisor), he said that HR already applied EP on 1 October. But the status now is still showing the old application, showing as a rejected. (Will check again next week)

I am fresh PhD, haven't conferred but already submitted thesis in August 2018. What is the chance that my EP will be approved? Is it considered as an overpaid if they offer me 5k for fresh PhD? Is it also due to previously withdrawn EP from company A? And therefore they have a bad record.

My boss really need me very badly to join the company sooner. He also offered me an internship if possible during waiting for EP application.

My bachelor degree was in NTU, graduated 2014 and continued my PhD in the same university. I don't have master degree. The job is really the same as my research area.

Please kindly advise.....
What should I do? Is there anything I can suggest to my boss or the HR?

Thanks..

You made a mistake by withdrawing your existing EP with ex employer. No matter how big Company you have got an offer, you should not resign till your EP gets approved at Co B.

Now, you are in trouble. They should put their case in better way and provide valid proofs that they have corrected earlier issues.

Your leaving earlier company is nothing to do with this rejection, unless you didn't fulfill notice period clauses at Company A and they complained at MoM. Good luck

Thanks surya2k,

Just curious that is there any such case that the EP can be rejected due to expired jobs ads?

Actually,  I haven't even started working in company A.

You mean to say that you didn't join in Company A after their EP application was approved. Now, you were offered a better salary at company B. So, you dumped Company A and said yes to Company B!

There could be possibility that Company A complained at MoM. Secondly, MoM doesn't like job hoppers.

Thirdly, Company B has to provide valid reason with rationale to hire a foreigner. In addition, they have to justify that locals were interviewed but didn't qualify due to skill set mismatch.

We have plenty of discussion on these kind of issues in previous threads, spend time to go through it. Good luck

Hi surya2k,

Does it mean a negative record at MOM and eventually will be a negative result also?
Is there anything I can do?

We don't know what was conversation between you and your Company A. What was your condition at the agreement? How did you close the case with them? You only can answer of all this.

It depends on them and whether they had filed any complaint at MoM or not. If they didn't file then it's fine.

That time I called the HR and she said no need to give one month notice, since the only the IPA has been issued (not EP). I send the email to HR saying that I will not proceed my employment application. Hopefully, they didn't complain to MOM. But in case they complain, is there anything I can do?
Thanks surya2k.

I don't think I disobeyed the agreement, because it is only said that give one month notice only after starting to work. Where I submit the termination letter before the first day of work.
I am really in trouble

First let Company B reach out MoM for the appeal. Unless until your new employer comes to know through MoM about any complaint registered by previous company, no need to assume.

So, request your employer B to prepare the rationale and provide the evidence that they have taken care off MoM's advice. Then it's upto MoM to decide, nothing can be done thereafter. Good luck

Thanks surya2k for the guidance. Company B just re apply EP on 1st Oct. Let's see how th result ( according to hr) but when I check on MOM website,  it still showing the previous application. Which is the rejected one.

Yes, on reapply case it won't change the status. It will change only when your appeal will be successful. Good luck

Oh. Okay. I thought it would change to pending. Thank you...

I've just got an update from HR, she said the application is under "vetting". what does it mean?

Read this thread. Next time spend sometime reading through the threads before asking any questions.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=773390

Plase follow Surya's advice above and read the forum - there are plenty of discussions about cases similar to you. It is also explained what "vetting" means, so there is no need to ask the same things over and over again.
Good luck!