FIN number changed for second EP application?

My employer has applied for an EP on 20th August and it was rejected same day, the reason for rejection was existing job advertisement wasn't expired yet so MOM advised resubmitting the application after a couple of weeks, now my employer has applied for both EP and S-Pass with the new application as per communication. Currently, the status of the application is changed and MOM said that your application will take some more time to get reviewed.
But on searching EPOnline with my passport number it is still showing application as rejected with rejection date as 20th August.
So I just wanted to know does FIN number get changed for a different application? I thought it is supposed to be a constant for every passport number.

If you read other open threads then you shouldn't ask this basic question. We always encourage users, specially new expats to spend time to go through the various threads before shooting questions here, as it has seen most of the times, that repeat questions are being asked.

Now, coming back to your queries, see the below reply:

1. FIN doesn't change for an individual till you became PR.
2. EPOnline will change its status to “pending “, only after few days to a week, after submission of complete application form.

Good luck.

Hey sorry, Surya for asking the repetitive question as I'm still exploring this portal. It's been more than a month since they have re-submitted the application I'm surprised to see that EPOnline portal is still showing application as rejected on searching with my passport number with earlier rejected date ie 20th August.
I think I should ask for the FIN number for my application maybe it will show the correct result on searching with FIN number.

No, if you put your FIN number then result won't change (when you check using passport, at the end it should have shown your FIN number and end result i.e. earlier rejected date. I have doubt that they didn't resubmit the application.

Ask them to check with MoM, if they actually have submitted your application form second time.

Yes I will definitely ask them, in fact they told me last week that they're contacting MOM to ask if they could help with anything for the delay happening in application, one more thing I have seen somewhere in this forum that if your application is rejected the first time it will remain rejected till it get approved maybe that's why it is still coming as rejected not really sure about that.
Is there any other way to find out about the second application (EP & S-Pass both applied) on your own?

To answer your first question, it will appear as rejected if your employer is appealing on its first rejection.

In the event of second time application, which means it must have amended some information or other before applying in line with MoM advise then it will consider as fresh application.

But, if your employer is appealing (not re-applying) after addressed the necessary changes then you are right, it will show as “rejected”, unless it gets approved. Good luck

Thank you Surya for the vital piece of info, I have just one last question ideally it (resubmitted application) should be shown into EPOnline portal right? on searching via Passport number.
[A piece of background that I have applied directly to the company (the company is a top IT firm based on SG)  there's no in-between 3rd party consultancy involved, I don't see any reason for not doing resubmission of the application]

Using passport number you can see any changes into your application includes re-applying or appealing.

There is no procedural changes to view in EPOnline.

Thank you Surya, I confirmed from HR turn out it was an appeal, not re-submission currently on EPOnline by entering passport number it is showing application as rejected and Pass Type as Employment Pass.
My question is if they had applied by selecting both EP and S-Pass option, what status do they show in pass type? would it still be Employment pass or would it be Employment Pass and S-Pass something like that?

In EPOnline, there is no special case to show EP or S pass. It will show as employment pass. Only when you receive your card, it would have mentioned EP or S pass. Good luck

Hi,
The MOM has replied on 27th September that they will take some extra time (2-3 Weeks) to review my application, should I expect the result in next week?
Do they usually provide result in given timeline or they might take some more time?

If this was within the "vetting" status message, the mentioned time is just a rough guide based on the experience MoM had with the agencies engaged in your case - it can take shorter or longer in reality.
If, however, it meant MoM's internal processing, this is usually more accurate (MoM knows how long MoM needs)..

My FIN number is showing in MOM, I have an appointment today 11am, but now it is showing you do not have an appointment with us, please assist me what is happening

@thakurakshay337 Appointment for what exactly?

@Shekhz for work IPA

@thakurakshay337 You have an appointment to collect your IPA? That is highly unusual, as IPAs are normally sent electronically to your employer. Also, if you are already in Singapoe, you do not need the IPA - it is only your one-time entry visa for the purpose of getting your work pass issued (and then start on the job).

I recommend you ask your employer. They should be able to guide you on what to do!

@beppi Yes to collect IPA, is it possible FIN number cab be disappeared after appointment date.

Employee does not collect IPA. IPA is a soft copy letter in PDF format which stated the validity of this IPA letter and approval period with other details sent to your employer who will forward to your email, sign the declaration page then send back to your employer.

Your employer will submit and get appointment from MoM to visit their office at Riverwalk, near Clarke Quay MRT station to do your finger print and take photo. They will send physical EP card to your employer who will hand over to you.

@thakurakshay337 The FIN does not disappear - it will stay with you for life (or until you become PR or citizen). It will be used for all subsequent work passes as well.