Desperate Help and Advice Needed Please

My brother is English and he is engaged to a romanian. They live here in the UK. They recently went to Romania to visit family. She was at least 26 weeks pregnant. In brief, Whilst there,  she started loosing amniotic fluid, went into labour and delivered a live baby boy. They have since told them that the baby is dead and then took the Dr 2 weeks to tell the parents that they have incinerated him. They have never seen, held or even have a keepsake of their much loved and wanted baby...They don't believe he is really dead. The whole thing seems wrong and certain things don't add up as well as the staff keep lying about certain details. They need answers. They are in pieces and can't come home until they receive answers and closure...Any advice on the way Romanians are, the way they work, the laws, any info about corruption or who we can seek help and advice from, would really be greatly appreciated please.

That sounds very odd and one for the police.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/ … ionalcrime

Old story, but does it still happen?

Also, as the baby is half British, the British embassy should be informed of a possible kidnapping immediately.

Important - Take care not to accuse anyone of anything, so report as a missing child.

Thank you for replying to my post and for the information provided. You have given us fresh hope and a new way at looking at it.

The doctors there are very clever and are covering their tracks. We are scared of reporting it to the police as we have heard they are corrupt. Do you have any experience of Romania?

Here is the Embassy address, telephone number and hours open.

British Embassy in Bucharest, Romania
Strada Jules Michelet 24,
București 010463,
Romania

Hours
Monday - Friday    8:30AM–5PM
Weekend: Closed

Tel/  +40 21 201 7200
Website: https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/ … -bucharest

Once a foreign citizen and embassy is involved this becomes an international incident.
Given the seriousness of this situation, seems like a good idea.
On the bright side, your baby is likely to be alive and well or they wouldn't be trying to hide anything.

Thank you :)

@help This is terrible news, I am really sorry to hear that.

> she started loosing amniotic fluid, went into labour and delivered a live baby boy. They have since told them that the baby is dead

If this is the case, has any sort of official documentation been issued? Record of live birth? Death certificate? Anything? If not, then that in itself should be an issue.

I am born in Romania, have not lived there in quite a while, but I am pretty well connected to the realities of the country, good and bad. While there might well be more corruption in Romania than in other western countries i.e. UK, I don't think that the level is such that you would have to question asking for an inquiry be made into the case. We are not talking Mexico or Philippines here (apologies if anyone reading this might be from these countries, no harm meant).

In this case, I am not even sure it's a Police matter, I would think that a case needs to be opened directly with the Public Ministry, the equivalent of the Crown Prosecution Service  in the UK.

All the best.