Offered a job in PR ( federal )

Hi I'm originally from PR but haven't lived there ion 25 years.   I just got a job offer to work there with a reasonable salary.  My kids would also be allowed to study at the ft Buchanan base.  Would save money on day care because my mother still resides there.  I figured I'd leave my home in NJ rented.  Question how are things in apR after the hurricane?  Do any members children attend the ft Buchanan schools and how are they? Relating to sports and activities for children? A friend of the family is willing to rent me a penthouse apartment private community with a pool 3 beds / 2 baths parking for 1000.00 a month which I think it's great.., my main concern is my children.  My husband is not a federal employee but has always wanted to start a food truck business with specialities from Spain..  at this point I'm a bit reluctant given everything I hear on the news.  Any thoughts? Or comments?

Take the job and go.

I say jump in. There are activities all over including in the towns for sport and others and there is also summer camp. If they let you use the base school you will be saving money because private schools are expensive. Is your mother close enough to make it practical to take the kids over there on a daily basis?

When we were stationed in PR, other families were quite happy with the schools on Fort B, and there were a lot of activities for them.  One thing you might want to look at is if you'll have to drive them each day or will they be bussed in.  We lived on base, so they were bussed in, which made things a lot easier for the parents.  Best of luck!

Do it!  You will be fine!

Thank you everyone for the advice and positive vibes.  As parents we sometimes put ourselves on the backbuner and it's a great opportunity and higher position for me.   Thanks again! 🙏