Open new company/buy existing business

Hi, 1.can I be sharholder of limited company in NL, without a work permit?
2. Is there a web site where people sell businesses?

Hi Rasp,

As a Russian citizen living in Holland, you must have gone through the MVV process, part of which is a work permit that allows you to work in Holland.

The Dutch government encourages people from outside Holland to invest in Dutch companies; this website may help you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

The thing is that I am not planing to work, I will hire a director. I can still come here on visa, but without job. Income to be paid through dividents.
Its how it works in UK, not sure about NL.

So you want to buy stock in an existing company until you become the majority shareholder and then appoint a director to run it for you?  That's pretty common all over the world; I don't know if there is something different about Holland, but there are enough companies offering to do it for you to make me think it's a legitimate way of setting up/owning a company.  To be honest, the link I gave you will give you a contact who may give you more relevant information than I suspect you will get on here.  I don't know the guy, so as always when dealing on the internet, caveat emptor.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team