Hi there!

Hi to everyone that enjoys using this site!
My husband, myself and our two dogs are soon (hopefully) going to be making a base for ourselves near Girona and are very much looking forward to it.  We own a house across the boarder in France (not far from Carcassonne) and due to my husband's work, we find ourselves looking at new horizons - exciting times!
However, I'm interested in any of your experiences especially on finding a 'reasonably' priced property to rent (also suitable for the dogs) and am hoping that something semi rural might be possible?
I also enjoy horse riding and have my own horses - they will be looked after at stables near to our home in France as we are only here part-time - interesting to see if it works, splitting ourselves between two countries!!
I am a qualified TEFL teacher and have been teaching for a while but have taken a break from it, mainly to be free to come to Spain and explore the options here - I speak French but virtually no Catalan eek!!
I'd love to hear from you and what you enjoy most, as well as least, about living in Girona!
Many thanks, Sharon

Hello Sharon!

I have lived close to Girona for about 14 years so I am sure I can give you some tips. Did you receive any useful replies to your post?

Steve

Hi Steve, apart from your reply, I haven't received anything!
However, we are actually looking for a base in La Garriga, as that is where husband's job is located and we've found the journey to and from Girona too far!
We're only here for three days a week, though I'm really growing to like Spain ;)

I like it here too! I get away with speaking Spanish only because I'm retired and also because I'm extranjero. I also speak French because I am near to the border. I've visited Carcassonne several times, it is so easy on the train! I wish you well in La Garriga!

Thank you Steve, I think life is pretty good here and we would like to make a go of it - find the Spanish very laid back!