San Jose Succotz

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E1dkT2Ar_-QPJOmNPObMR5aL3ZsIW6nj

Any thoughts on San Jose Succotz .... living in for westerners? Suitability for vacation property rentals?

Anyone know anything about the property in the pic.

So further on this matter ... here is my dilemma. Should I hire someone to live on the property to greet guests, ....do the housekeeping/laundry after check out and do the maintenance and gardening as required OR hire someone to do these tasks as needed.

I would rather NOT hire a live-in manager as it would reduce our enjoyment of the property while we are there. BUT from other sources ... I am hearing this is a must for security.

Thoughts based on local experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like some thoughts on what I should expect to pay for these services.

PS: I have done my homework on buying property in Belize and financing.

You can PM me and I can give you some details about my specific situation, but it will depend on a number of factors, like size, landscaping, required maintenance, frequency of use, etc. You could go either way, though on-site might be cheaper if there are a lot of routine duties.

Further research suggests $600 US a month for a live-in Caretaker/Manager to run a B & B ...which I assume includes a level of service (making breakfast) I am not keen to involve myself in. I am not always clear on the difference between VRBO and Air BnB... but if there is cooking involved with Air BnB then put me in the VRBO category.

So the quest continues... how much should I pay a person to greet guests ... let them in ... be avai8lable if there is a problem... then check them out and call in the housekeeper?

How much for a live in?

How much if they live out?