Any ideas as to affordable places to seek out near these destinations

My name is Janet and I live in the USA, recently retired. My husband and I are going to Portugal for three weeks in September to look around and see what seems comfortable to us, in preparation for a move to Portugal in a couple of years.  We are both former educators looking for a warm climate year round where we can enjoy a comfortable retirement in a laid back but culturally enriching environment.  We will need to be near other expats just to learn the ropes, we assume.  We are traveling to Coimbra, Cascais, Faro, Tavira and Lisbon in September.  If you have any ideas as to affordable places to seek out near these destinations, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from any one willing to offer advice.

Hi Janet. My wife and I are also considering Portugal for retirement and made our first trip to Lisbon in May. We are planning on seeing Algarve in February to see how the winter is there. Keep in touch.

Victor

Thank you for your message, Victor. Can you recommend a neighborhood in Lisbon that appealed to you?  Yes, I will get back to you after our big trip in September. I look forward to hearing your impressions of Lisbon.   Janet

I would suggest hiring a guide for a day. It is not expensive and they know the city. I used Spaintop to find one. Mafelda was her name and she was excellent.

Hello everyone and welcome onboard.

@ Jangal55, please note that i have created a new thread from your post on the Portugal forum so that you might get some more feedbacks.

The New members thread is basically only for the introduction of members, so this new thread might benefit from more visibility.

All the best,
Bhavna