Spouse visa

Can someone please help me, my husband went through the same situation, he was illegal here we were advised  he should go back to Italy and apply for spouse visa, we did apply but visa got rejected and they said why he used wrong details in past like fake names and date of birth when he was caught by us visa and immigration people. Any advice people should I ask him to come back and we have a child?

Welcome to the Forum :)

You failed to say where your husband is from? Or what he does (work/skills) But it doesn't look good as he entered the country illegally and being aware that he was, used fake names. I am sure you are aware that the UK is getting tough and cracking down on immigration that also seems to be spreading across the parts of the world.

Why was he asked to go back to Italy? Was that the country that he entered the UK from?

One thing I advise you is not to have a child until you both know what is happening and settled. The last thing you would want is to be bringing up a child on your own and for the child, not see to their father.

I shall wait to hear back from you after you have replied to my questions.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

No we were advised by our lawyer that he should go to Italy voluntarily, he used fake names before we get engaged or married when he was single. So he went back to Italy and we applied for spouse but it got refused, now we don't know what to do? Lawyer said having kids the chances r higher to get visa

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I suspect the reason why your lawyer advised you as he did was that had your husband  been "administratively removed" (that's what they call deported nowadays), he would never have been able to return to the UK; as it stood, provided he left voluntarily and (this is important), notified the Home Office of such and paid for his own travel, then he can re-apply to enter the UK after 12 months.  If the Government funded his removal, then it extends to 2 years; there is a bit more to it, but I don't think we need to go that far.

As you've found out, being entitled to apply does not guarantee he will be successful.  You say he applied for a spouse visa and was turned down because "wrong details in past like fake names and date of birth", which sounds like some kind of legal process was gone through.  You also say that "he was caught by us visa and immigration people"; when you say "us" do you mean the United States?

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team