Old To New Bank Account

Kindly help me out, please how long will the bank used to transfer the money in your old bank account to the new one. My sister called me yesterday informing me that, her bank account was blocked so they now opened a new account for her and so within 3weeks or a month they will transfer the money to her new account. And please am asking, can't this be done in less than 24hrs, because we need the money to pay our school fees.

Emmanuel Amoah wrote:

Kindly help me out, please how long will the bank used to transfer the money in your old bank account to the new one. My sister called me yesterday informing me that, her bank account was blocked so they now opened a new account for her and so within 3weeks or a month they will transfer the money to her new account. And please am asking, can't this be done in less than 24hrs, because we need the money to pay our school fees.

Again, this is Bank stuff. Is only the bank that could tell you the exact time frame on which the money will be available in the new account. Though technology is high and hence the feeling of just transferring money from an old account to a new account to be easy, it is actually not.

All what am trying to say, yes it could be possible to transfer money from one account to the other in seconds but all this a based on procedures and paperwork. So if they say 3 weeks to a month. You have no choice but to wait till then. The best thing you can do is calling them every now and then to follow up. Might help with the speed work in getting the money in your new account.