Potential New Expat

Hello
My name is Nafissatou I am an American citizen but I was born in West Africa (Senegal). I have lived and studied in USA for the past 19 years. I am a registered nurse here in New York. I am considering taking a job in Saudi Arabia so I can be closer to my husband who currently works in Qatar.
I have been to Qatar, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi but not SA. So I am a little worried about my safety and so is my family. I have heard it's a safe country as far as crimes go but I do hear horror stories of how they almost enslave their maids from African countries. No offense I m just repeating what I heard.
Im offered a job at King Faysal Hospital and I looked it up and it's very good. But the accommodations that is being offered is really not up to my standards. For starters I don't like sharing a house with others, even though it's your own room. And the homes are really not that nice compared to what we are used to in USA.
What advices to you have for me. Thanks. And sorry for the length.

Hi

My advise would be to ask for the housing money and live in a western compound, otherwise u are right sharing all the time with nurses and with the house restrictions it's not very nice. If u need any other advise pm me.

KFSH does not offer housing allowance. All nurses unless here with their husband live in the hospital accommodation.
I being a man have never visited the rooms but all the nurses I know from KFSH have always been happy with what they were given and who they were sharing with, including American nurses. You are normally partnered with the same passport holder as yourself. If you find you cannot get on with someone you are partnered with then you can or if you meet another nurse you get along with you can always request a change. There are some single apartments also, you may get lucky and be given one of those.
You are obviously also aware of the situation between Qatar and a number of the other GCC countries and travel to Qatar from Riyadh is not as cheap and easy as it used to be involving flights from Riyadh to Muscat then to Doha or Riyadh to Kuwait then to Doha obviously it's not a problem just time consuming and expensive.

Thank you so much. Yes I know traveling will not be easy and cheap. I hope it will all be over soon. Thanks again. Your response was really helpful

Thanks a lot. I will definitely be asking more questions if I take the job.

Hello
It seems like you are familiar with the hospital can you tell me how it is and if you know any nurses working there. Do they like it. Thanks again.