Hiding from the world in the DR

My name is Phil Taranoff, retired in Mao away from much of the daily bustle of this world. My first experience with this lovely island came in 1976 when I was sent here by the Peace Corps. While my assignment and results of were somewhat forgettable I was able to touch a lot of lives and give them a look at another life. I fell in love with the people, so much so that I married one and we are still together after more than 41 years. After life back in the US I decided to retire here, leaving our 2 sons and 2 grandsons back in Florida.I have planted a substantial garden which has provided much for us and our neighbors and family. Each day is different, working in my garden, visiting family and friends, seeing different parts of the island. And all the while, hiding just a little bit.

That's a nice story😄.....my husband and I hope to hide away there some day too! I'm hoping we won't watch the news as much which only causes stress,  and just get lost in the day as they run together.

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for sharing and welcome home. Its great to hear the success stories.

Please share more of your exeriences.

Doc, you are not hiding from the world, you just found the real one.    Thank you for bringing your goodness here.

Hey----no fair. Doc has been one of my nicknames since HS

Looks like you will fit in just fine Doc!

I second Tinker...this is the real world...not sure what strange reality TV insanity loop the US is stuck in...but,man...we want out!

Sounds perfect doc! I'll be retired from the Army aug 9th and am research to make a 4 year plan to move to DR.  All I do now a days is garden and lazy days with me dog.
thanks for sharing

Welcome to the forums Dunbar!!!!