Shortest Processing Time for Family Visa

Hi!

Im still waiting for the result of my family reunification visa application. As of now average processing time as stated in the udi website is 6 months for applicants from Philippines. Just out of curiosity, can you please post how long you waited for the approval of your family visa, year you were approved and from what country you are from? Thanks!

Hi, Emiville... :-)

I am Indonesian and EU (Italy) permanent resident.

First time application/fiancè permit took around 9 months, approved in November 2017. I stayed in Norway and found myself a job.

Renewal/spousal permit took less than 1.5 months, approved in July 2018. Still working for the same company. LOL!

Hi...are you fluent in norsk? I came here in April and am finding it hard to find a job without nowergian skills..

Did you get a job prior to learning norsk language?

Well the company's official working language is English, although the clients are mostly Norwegians. I do my best to try exercising Norsk at work, but if I get stuck I'll start talking in English --- which happens like 75% of the time! LOL! 😊 I write and read Norsk pretty well, but I'm still working on my oral Norsk. I learn Norsk sporadically at home. LOL! I'm not obliged to follow Norskkurs, but I for sure want to enroll this August just so my spoken Norsk isn't so embarrassing. LOL!

Residence Visa (family reunification) approved in just 7 weeks from date of application.  :)

Hi did they(udi) call you for interview or got it approved without interview ??

There was no interview for me, and as far as I'm aware of, all my friends weren't interviewed as well. I guess they do that only if they have the ground to be suspicious of one's application.

Emiville wrote:

Residence Visa (family reunification) approved in just 7 weeks from date of application.  :)

Yaaaayyyyyyy! Congratulations, Emiville! That was REALLY fast. 😂😂😂

We got our visa in 18 working days... :)

:heart: Applied august 8,got result 28th of August.Hoping every applicant will have the same fast processing.For those still waiting don't let anxiety and overthinking consume you.I understand you guys been there and have felt the same though I must admit im lucky to have waited less than the others.Just keep the positivity,and for sure each one of us deserve a positive result in our applications.☺

Wow congratulations!  :top:

Applied last July 17th, still haven't gotten an answer until now. I'm getting worried. Me and my wife are both Filipinos, she lives and has permanent residency in Norway, I'm currently working in the UK, we got married last May, 2018.

Really getting worried.

I know it's really hard when you are waiting for something ,but rest assured you will soon get answer from the UDi.I was bit lucky to get quick answer however it doesnt mean that longer waiting time means negative result.Others have waited atleast 6 months or more before they got answer,i know how terrible it feels,yet dont let anxiety take over you.Enjoy job in england and for sure youll hear from UDI.Goodluck!

processing time depends.

some of my friends they got it for only 3 days in Manila. some a week, and my wife got it for 1.5 month in Singapore...but that was way back 2013-2014.

I guess they are slowly ramping up the "strictness" of these applications since a lot of applicants are not declaring the truth on their information.

Hi I would like to ask if u have any idea how to get family reunification my fiancee Is from Czech republic...and he's not citizen here in norway and I am Filipina

Milleverano wrote:

Hi I would like to ask if u have any idea how to get family reunification my fiancee Is from Czech republic...and he's not citizen here in norway and I am Filipina

Hei Milleverano,
Just visit Udi website ( https://www.udi.no/en/) and enter your details. It would show what papers you need and steps in applying.
Happy New Year!
Joanne

Congratulations to those who been granted a visa.
A little info about filipinos here,there is no interview for filipino applicants though they will sent you a questionaire about detailing how you met your husband etc..
Another tips,it's always better to send extra information aside from what they asked for like pictures. The fastest I heard was 2-3weeks on family reunion visa if every requirements met and no problem on both ends.

Hello,
I'm wondering how long you have to wait if your application forwarded to udi I have been 2 months yesterday since I lodge my documents in vfs manila and I received email today from Udi.
Kindly anyone can share your experiences to help others.

Your application for a Residence Permit was sent to the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in Oslo for processing. For more information on the processing times, you may refer to this link: http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/c … ing-times/ 

The Embassy will notify you once a decision has been made by the UDI.

Kind regards,
Royal Norwegian Embassy, Manila

Tusen takk og lykke til🙂

Hi All, I am from India and currently working in Oslo on a work permit.

I applied for my family residence permit on 6th December 2018. It has been 2 months now and there is no reply. I am really getting anxious now.

Can anyone who has a recent experience, please let me know how much time it took them to receive the family residence permit?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nishant

We got ours approved in 2 days.

My mother in law applied for her visa under family unification on 2nd jan 2019 We just received the approval on 5th March. So that was not a long wait.

What good news Crystal! I submitted my application mid-February, but only met in person to take my documents in last Thursday and I have already been told my passport is being returned. Hoping a quick turnaround is good news!