Legal services in Romania

Hello,

Legal services can be a headache when you don't have the relevant and necessary information, especially upon moving to a new country. Please share some tips regarding legal services in Romania.

What types of legal services might an expat need in Romania?

Are legal services easily accessible?

What are the best ways to go about finding a professional for your legal needs in Romania? (e.g. online, yellow pages, word of mouth)?

What are the most affordable options for legal services (private, public, etc.)? Is there a range regarding fees?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I am an attorney in the US who needed some assistance for a friend in Romania.
I emailed the US Embassy in Bucharest and was given a list of attorneys.
Most of them specialized in two areas: immigration; and business licenses and issues related to starting a business, both of which were useless to my needs.
But I did get some help by emailing the ones on the embassy list until I got a referral to what I needed.

The guy I found called me and was initially helpful and gave me some useful advise. He then stopped responding and I never got an explanation. I wouldnt use the guy again for that reason.

But I do think the way I looked for an atty was a decent enough way of doing it.

If you are there and can get referrals directly that may be better.

But your post doesnt mention the kind of atty you want. Having a sense of that will be critical to getting a referral.