On Grid Solar

If i have on grid solar at my place, Usually How much does the government buy from me per KW in Pesos? Hope someone cab help in this information.

Usually, they only give you credits, at least in the case of CEPM.  Best is to use everything you generate.

DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE MILSPEC BATTERY/ENERGY STORAGE(ES). If you're going to do solar, do ES as well since everyone knows that a post-hurricane DR is a down & out DR. THINK P.R. after last years debacle-they still don't have power(think water pumps with solar power!), and there are not a lot of happy people there. THINK Post-Nasty and you'll start to get the idea of what you'll need to survive (yes, I said survive) in comfort...water filtration: Berkey water filters, a water cistern OVER your abode to allow for gravity feed (very common in LatAm), solar powered a/c (made in Virginia!), etc. BE the leader in your barrio!!

Your post made me laugh just a little.

I assume that systems are designed to utilize storage are they not?

I am giggling at the thought of someone being first in their barrio....

Good post. Most people don't know of all the potential problems,You point out what they will need in times of no Gov. power. Thanks for the info.  Have more? Give it to us.

I hv the 8 batteries and a 3k inverter, As far as I am concern no need to inform local RIP OFF Electric Authorities. Puerto Rico SCREWED itself I am Puerto Rican and moved on Mar 2017 way before the fiasco came up. The year prior to Maria we had a TOTAL island blackout (3 days) due to the corrupted Electric Company and I told my wife this was a prelude to worse things to come in the event of a Hurricane. Lord and behold it happened.

You can still sell to government if you have on grid solar. Some countries they buy from you and sell it to others. but off grid usually u store it in ur battery then use the electricity stored for night usually.

So what i understand from you that Puerto Rico has sone difficulties in Electricity more often??
And hows the potentian on solar panels generally?

Puerto Rico electrical system is OUTDATED, its 50 yrs old we had issues but not in the magnituted as of Maria on. If you decide to go off grid u will hv issue with AEEPR. They wouldnt want you to go so they came up with a law stating u had to request permission and so forth, never ventured out. A friend did his undercover he only goes on grid for a few hrs during the day to keep them off his ass

Thanks for the valuable information.. does this AEEPR fall under government or its private company?

Its semi private/public big fiasco, I dispise them so badly u dont know