Clothes in Bahrain

Heloo 😊
Im planning to come in Bahrain but while I was searching for informations I notice that there is a very strict code about clothing as they are muslims. Is this true? Because Im lady and I want to know what to take for Bahrain
Thank you xx

As an expat woman, you don't have an issue.  Just don't wear beachwear into malls and public places and you will be fine.    For more detailed dress tips, post on mums in bahrain Facebook group.

Thank you for your time x
I wondered what about tight clothes and shorts ....

Look it really depends. 

There is no law against that but you will get attention at levels varying from zero in expat dominated localities like amwaj/RV to high level of unwanted attention in predominantly local and / or labor dominated areas.

Dress for where you are. I live in Riffa views and in the evening, I see a lot of women exercising in very tight and / or revealing clothing.  No one bothers.  This is both locals and expats.  However, you will see the same locals wearing abayas while going into the souk.

You will figure it out when you get here.

I'm moving to Bahrain and I have the same question... I will live in Sanad area. I don't have a many information about the area but I think mainly local people live there. Does anyone know the area? Thanks:)

Sanad is a small and nice village, no body care of what you wear

Hello!

I'm living here for 9 months and my advice is: use your common sense. People here is very nice, I think nobody cares...maybe you will find some men staring at you but nothing more.

For example I never wear shorts or mini skirts, but I always wear non sleeve t'shirts. I just carry with me a light pashmina to cover my shoulders when necessary. Normally is too cold inside the places bc of the AC, so It helps too :) You can wear leggings with no problems at all.

As they said, it depends in the area that you are. For example, If you go to the souq, your should cover your shoulders, neckline and legs.

I hope you'll find this helpful. Enjoy your time in Bh!!

Hello
Sanad is a small Local village with nice people, as many of friends here said you can wear what you think is appropriate and nobody does care ( some men might stare though ) , but you really wont find harrasments or anything like that .