Relocating to the Nederlands

Hello Everyone

My name is Carel van Heerden.
I am Currently living in South Africa and looking to relocate to the Nederlands.
I have a dutch passport which gives me citizenship in the Nederlands.
I would like to have a job before I move so that I have the security of getting all the other settling services done without the risk of not being able to pay for them.
I am not involved with anyone so i can move as soon as I work a months notice at my current company.
I have Experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and is great with Microsoft Office.
I also have SAP ERP and EWM experience.
Is there anyone that can assist me with a Job as I have bee searching for a while now but everyone wants someone that already stays in the Nederlands?
Looking forward to the replies.
Have a Wonderful day.

Kind Regards
Carel van Heerden

Hi Carel and welcome to the Forum,

As a Dutch passport holder, you have the right to live and work anywhere within the EU.  As you've found out, the tricky part will be getting a job in Holland while in South Africa.  Unless you have some key skill that's in great demand that can't be found locally, the majority of companies won't even respond to your CV/letters/emails.

That said, when my daughter took the plunge and moved back a few years ago, she had a house and job sorted within a fortnight, so it must be doable.

At the top of this page is a link to our jobs section, keep an eye on what's posted in there.

Assuming you have some Dutch family in Holland, perhaps move back to them and start looking for a job there?  Or, perhaps, what my daughter did was book an AirBnB and started from there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello Cynic

Thank you very much for the quick response.
Thanks for the advice as well, I will act on it as soon as possible.
Have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards
Carel van Heerden