WHAT TO EXPECT PAYING SAR500 PER ROOM FOR A NIGHT

I am just wondering - if you pay SAR500 per night for a room (at Hotel or Resort) what do you expect?  Warm water to take a shower, maybe a glass or two in the room (to drink water)?  Maybe some tea or coffee plus cups and a kettle? Clean towels and bedding? If it says "Including breakfast" what would you at least expect for breakfast? It would be interesting to see what people expect to get and what we got............

That's about $130/night back in the states.  An average hotel at best (likely 2 stars out of 5).  I would expect clean room and sheets, free shampoo and soap, a TV, a coffee maker to make your own, a sitting area w/ desk.  If lucky, maybe a stocked mini-bar (you would still have to pay for what you use at an extremely high rate).  For a good hotel in the USA you are talking minimum $175-$300/night. A really good one will run you $400-$500/night depending upon city and location.  Does that help?

Thanx!  We did not get anything of the abovementioned.  We took time to drive to this resort the previous weekend (to be kind I'm not going to mention the name!) - the room they showed us looked very nice, but the day we booked in it was a totally different room and definately not up to standard!  Being so tired of our apartment we just thought - ag well, lets give it a go! Big mistake.  This place is totally overrated! ICE cold shower, single bed sheets on a double bed - and some noisy, very noisy, guests going on until after 3 in the morning. The following morning we could'nt find anybody who understood our language - so, nobody to complain to.  We left, came home to all our "luxuries" and I will definately not recommend this place to anybody!  So sad! What would you have done?

Damn! you sure got a sad deal. For that money I would expect some services over here.. I have found that the hotel rates comparitively are much cheaper here when compared to lets say Europe.

Well for the interest of public awareness could you give us a hint on the name of the resort if you are so unwilling to spell the name out

this is saudi arabia, no customer service... didnt u know that??

Yes this is Saudi Arabia, You supposed to learn arabic else you will be screwed...n yea never think about good customer services here,I have a bad experience also when i came here first time, in a hotel where i was paying 700 SAR/day, there was no free internet,no complimentary breakfast,you have to pay for the snacks and coffee that was available in the room, you need to pay for the gym and swimming pool...i was like why the hell they are charging this much :s

Al-dressed-up wrote:

I am just wondering - if you pay SAR500 per night for a room (at Hotel or Resort) what do you expect?  Warm water to take a shower, maybe a glass or two in the room (to drink water)?  Maybe some tea or coffee plus cups and a kettle? Clean towels and bedding? If it says "Including breakfast" what would you at least expect for breakfast? It would be interesting to see what people expect to get and what we got............

It looks like you got a raw deal. For the benefit of others on here so we do not fall into the same scam a hint on the name would be beneficial.

Clean room with service would be the min to expect as SR 500