Still pending

Hi!

Im just new here.

I would just like to ask a question regarding my situation. So to begin with, I am an spass holder before and i resigned due to a critical family problem at home and didnt have the chance to do notice period. My boss was pissed off of course and my boss and agent threaten me they might blacklist me. So i tried to negotiate and ask if i can have a notice period for one week and they dont like. When i got back to my country i have an offer from a company i applied before, but they only offer me work permit and i agreed to it. I went home to my country last april and settle the problems i have, and the company applied my work permit earlier this month and they still dont have any feedback from Mom. Mom was just saying that it's still under review.

My question is, do you think that my boss or my agent before blacklisted me to mom that's why my work permit took long to process?

Hoping to hear from experts here. Thanks

You had send the same query to my private mail box, below was my respond:

“Sorry to say, you need to check with your new employer or reach out MoM via email or call to confirm if there was any adverse news against you (which could be from your ex employer). No matter what was your situation at home, you could have negotiated and requested politely with your ex employer, would have taken urgent leave then come back and serve your notice period if your ex employer didn't allow to resign without serving notice period or you don't want to continue your job.”

REMINDER - To all the new and existing members, I must have to mention again that in past, many times in various threads we have requested, NOT to send personal messages as this is not the guidelines of our forum. We are encouraging members should communicate in the threads (in each category) so that maximum members or visitors can be benefited and moreover members can share their real experiences which would benefit you and others.

Lastly, we don't need to write same answer repeatedly. Put some efforts to go through the various old threads, you will come to know that most of your queries are already discussed and answered. Here, we are working as a volunteer and spend our time, efforts & help you for absolutely free.

Since you broke the contract with the pevious employer, they were right to lodge a complaint against you with MoM. Such a complaint can result in a ban. If there is a ban against you, your new work pass application will be rejected with the sentence "This candidate is not eligible for work in Singapore. Please look for another candidate."
You or your employer could also contact MoM to find out if there is a ban.
And in future, do not break contracts!