Lets start a band!

hey everybody!

My friends call me Bash. I play both guitar and piano. I sing pretty well too. I am looking forward to join a band here in Riyadh. Maybe we can get together and jam some time and then have a gig if things went well.

looking forward to hearing from you guys..

Discussed this with Sparrow and hoping that she will be able to muster up enough interest from Dynamo, Pappy, and a few others to kick off a possible initiation to see if we can make some noise together that is reasonably palatable to everyones ears? Lets hope it flies.

Thanks for your fast reply Musicman! Lets hope the others agree to having a jam soon

u fellas need any dancing ladies Courtesy SCDL ? ;)

musicman wrote:

Discussed this with Sparrow and hoping that she will be able to muster up enough interest from Dynamo, Pappy, and a few others to kick off a possible initiation to see if we can make some noise together that is reasonably palatable to everyones ears? Lets hope it flies.

You really have to point fingers my friend....lol:lol:, I have to push my studies to second gear...I have a request though...if you will schedule this can it be at night, because I have work 7 days a week....cheers.

dynamo1131 wrote:
musicman wrote:

You really have to point fingers my friend....lol:lol:, I have to push my studies to second gear...I have a request though...if you will schedule this can be at night, because I have work 7 days a week....cheers.

Dynamo u are still in water for ages now... i believe a pic change is in the coming :D

dynamo1131 wrote:
musicman wrote:

You really have to point fingers my friend....lol:lol:, I have to push my studies to second gear...I have a request though...if you will schedule this can it be at night, because I have work 7 days a week....cheers.

Working 7 days a week? yikes!
How many hours in the day? 24?
How many days per year?
Even God doesnt work so hard

SaQiB wrote:
dynamo1131 wrote:
musicman wrote:

You really have to point fingers my friend....lol:lol:, I have to push my studies to second gear...I have a request though...if you will schedule this can be at night, because I have work 7 days a week....cheers.

Dynamo u are still in water for ages now... i believe a pic change is in the coming :D

OT alert...

This is becoming a recurring comment...due to public demand...I will change it...cheers.

I'm looking forward to jamming with you guys

and Dynamo it really sucks to have to work 7 days a week. what time do you suggest we can jam? so we can schedule

musicman wrote:
dynamo1131 wrote:
musicman wrote:

Working 7 days a week? yikes!
How many hours in the day? 24?
How many days per year?
Even God doesnt work so hard

MM, well so far, I have been to work all days of every month, except for public holidays and events during the uncertain Fridays...anyways I am always in front of a computer, might as well get paid for it...lol, there is no night life here anyways....

It's just one man's suggestion, to do it at night....but if you guys have any more preference then let's give it a shot..

@63+, i need my beauty sleep, dynamo

well the first big question is venue, it will be best to first meet up somewhere and assess if we can be even be worth it to rent a place or studio...lol. But I think MM you were discussing to me before a place.

Its got to be a western compound where someone we know and who is also interested in joining and playing lives. There's no other alternative.

Sparrow may be able to take care of that since she has her contacts, who are musicians, living in some of the compounds in Riyadh.

If she can arrange a meet up for the initial interested members then we could try and kick it off sometime soon.

Everything's in Sparrows nest right now... tweet tweet

I am watching the threads. @Dynamo - I also work 6 days a week and it would also have to be Thursday night or friday to Jam.

As MM says - we need a western compound so we can all meet - I dont have a piano here otherwise it is ideal here with me.

We are all thinking, and it will happen insha'alla.

@Sparrow- I think I can get a YAMAHA keyboard if that suits you

and Thursday or Friday is fine with me

can we come listen to you guys play ? :blink:

kamiii wrote:

can we come listen to you guys play ? :blink:

Sure anybody is welcome....once we get the initial jam rolling first....lol.

While we're waiting for a venue to pop up, why don't we put the instruments we know so that we can decide which tool to use.

1. dynamo - Guitar(electric or acoustic) can play rhythm, and can do a little lead guitar once in a while, a little bass guitar also. Can play little piano/organ (I suck at this..lol). A beginner to percussion, only beat box, (hoping MM can help me out here). Starting out now on a wind instrument (sax).

My bones are creaking now but can still manage to play a little bit of drums and percussion, mostly Jazz is my favorite, Bossas, Latin beats, Swing. Am not into the HipHop bandwagon but can still give it a try although my poor right foot may not take all that bass drum banging. Started playing when I was just 12 in 1960 for the school Jazz Band in Colombo. Its been fun since. Would love to try some of the local Arabisn percussion instruments too.

SaQiB wrote:

u fellas need any dancing ladies Courtesy SCDL ? ;)

hehehehe i hate ya :lol:   I love my dancing club dun ya dare to mock about it :lol::lol::lol:

we could do with some go-go gals to polish the act

heard the BAND usually gets BANNED here... true?

shahab.ali wrote:

heard the BAND usually gets BANNED here... true?

I have heard that too, I think that is really associated to some religious groups...having some singing and such....IMO.

those are BANDITS

I play acoustic and electric guitar and piano too. It's not like i'm the best out there but I can play most of the chords pretty well. I mostly play Alternative and Indie Rock music but i dont mind playing any other genre.

I Play piano, but neet to practise - been in saudi too long and I have played drums. Genre-I play like Paul Mcarthy, Queen but would like to learn Jazz - i think we should try the soft stuff so our Kammii and Nonz can relax their fighting spirits to soft suttle music and a glass of water....then we'll end with a BBQ.

Yip Kammii, we need supporters - how else we gonna rent a crowd. ;)

Alright guys, lets find a place where we can jam and have fun.. any suggestions?

Did any of you guys find a place to jam at? or you cancelled the idea of jamming?

can i join??i played guitar and drums...:))

Sure you can :) . We need to find a place to jam first. If anyone could help that'll be appreciated.

what genre you prepare to play?try to listen all time low....the band is awesome!!

hey guys......i would love to see u perform on stage!!!!!
would u invite us......

im kindda of a legend at the air guitar! can i join too?! lol besides, ill pay the triangle if it means we can jam while there are "dancing girls" there! lol

All we need is a place to jam. If anyone's ready to sponsor this legendary to be jam at his/her place please let us know :)

Hey guys!
Rhythm guitar here. Inspirations: Oasis and the Beatles..would love to join

you know what guys ,,, i love to come to listen to you all and join but i cant play on any music instrument ... but if possible you can teach me how to play on Guitar. is that possible !??!?!

Well guys. Here i m new in town. By the way, i was a former ex-member of some bag of bands in my hometown. I was the frontman, vocal and guitar player. We toured too many different cities, bars and pubs with my fellows. I can sing all kinds of musics as well. But my specials are h.metal,rock,alternative,indie,pop and jazz influenced other kinds. If you want to talk or do something, just knock my door.
Cheers, mates.

Ill be relocating from the US to Riyadh in December. I play rhythm guitar and bass... If you are still jamming, pm me and we'll see if we can jam sometime....

I play blues and rock....

Awesomee...Im totally up for it