Getting remarried in Singapore

My fiance and I are planning to get married in Singapore soon. He has been working there for a while now with an E Pass. Does he still need to inform MOM about it? I read somewhere that if you are an E Pass holder there's no need to get approval from MOM to get married there unless it's an S Pass. Also, what do we need in order to get married in Singapore?

It is easy for foreigners to get married in Singapore. Your fiance should contact ROM about the rules and formalities (or ROMM in case both of you are Muslims).
There is no need to inform MoM. But if you want to join him in Singapore after marrying, he should apply for a DP for you at MoM. You should read about the criteria to get DP!

Hi, what documents do we need for it?

To clear your all queries, go through below link:

https://www.rom.gov.sg/reg_info/rom_other.asp

If you have further doubt then ask your future hubby who is working here, can consult ROM. Good luck

Hi, I overheard from a coworker that there's someone she knows who is already married in her own country but was still able to remarry to someone else in Singapore (she's working there too) . I'm like, how is that even possible? This is deeply concerning

It's very much possible as Singapore authority depends on declaration. If someone declares that he or she is unmarried and fake himself or herself, then it can be possible to get marry without divorcing in their home country.

E.g. in Philippines there is no divorce system, so person can marry many times without divorcing one.

But, why are you deeply concerned about this?

I'm getting married soon and we are planning to marry in Singapore. I thought it would be best to marry there first then have it registered here so I can be sure :D

But I believe that girl declared in MOM that she is married because of tax exemption. Will it still be possible to remarry in Singapore given the fact that she declared it? That's kind of alarming

ROM, like every marriage authority in the world, will check both partners eligibility to marry. Since bigamy is illegal, a certificate of no impediment to marriage (i.e. a paper saying that they are not already married) is part of the requirements.
However, they usually ask for this certificate from the partners' home countries only. If they were married elsewhere and did not register the marriage in their home country (or in Singapore), it is possible (but not legal) to marry again.
Swindlers will always find a way to cheat!
(Remark: A marriage based on such lies can easily be annulled!)

So if they declared that they are married in MOM for tax exemption and they want to marry someone else, does that mean that it will surface?

If someone is registered as married in Singapore, he/she cannot marry again in Singapore - must divorce first!
(All government databases in Singapore are linked to each other, so it is not possible to conceal this.)

And in addition: If someone is married ANYWHERE and marries elsewhere again by claiming to be unmarried, this is illegal and this second marriage is invalid.

You started two threads about the same topic, and with the same subject line, within a few days. Please do not do this again!
Furthermore, you indicated you're female in your profile and in the first thread - and now (above) that you want to marry a girl. Please note that same sex marriages are not possible in Singapore and you better try in more tolerant countries (e.g. Taiwan).

Okay that's good to know. So what documents do we need to provide to get married there? My fiancé is working there with an E Pass

No. The girl I was talking about earlier is a coworker. My fiancé is a male.

As we advised you in the other thread (I will ask the moderators to combine them to avoid further confusion), your fiance should contact ROM about the formalities and requirements.

Are there any agencies that can take care of paperwork for marriage in SG?

I have never heard of any - and the paperworkl is really that easy that you don't need one!