I'm going to travel to singapore

Hi Everyone !
my name is Nam ! i would love to ask you guys few questions . i'm going to travel to singapore.
i just want to ask  where is the good places to visit in singapore ? and what kind of food should i try ?
what kind of meanningfull the souvenirs i should get ?
Thank you guys !

SunnyJB96 wrote:

i just want to ask  where is the good places to visit in singapore ?

Despite its small size, Singapore offers far more "must see" places than a short forum post can describe. Furthermore, which ones you should visit depends on your interests. Therefore I recommend getting a good guide book, for example from Lonely Planet.

SunnyJB96 wrote:

and what kind of food should i try ?

Singapore is the food capital of Asia. You can get almost any kind of cuisine here. Just go to a Hwaker Centre or Food Court of your choice and try whatever looks and smells good. Going by the size of the queue at the stalls (the longer the better) is also a good idea.

SunnyJB96 wrote:

what kind of meanningfull the souvenirs i should get ?

Although shopping is Singapore's national pastime and there's a plethora of malls in the city featuring all world-known brands, there is hardly anything really "Singaporean" to buy.

Universal studios is a good start.

Try chilli crab if you are not allergic.

Usually fridge magnets are very good and a lot of variety.

I would advice you to visit Sentosa if you prefer a fun experience. Based on your name, I guess you're a Vietnamese. Sentosa is kinda like Vinpearl Land in Vietnam, but with different ways of enjoyment. Garden by the Bay is also a good place to visit, but I would like to say that it's best to visit at night, around 6-8pm. Beautiful scene and enjoyable music.

Try chili crab or bah kut teh. Black pepper crab is also tasty.

Last time I buy fridge magnets for my own use, but for gifting, I bought the practical one, like white coffee.

Hi everyone ! thank for all your advice and recommendation !

Singapore is a fantastic tourist destination with many beautiful places like Tang Teng Niah House, Little India, and the Singapore River. When you visit, make sure to check out these top spots. Also, I strongly recommend getting travel insurance when you travel to Singapore. This will help you avoid worries about flight delays, medical emergencies, or belongings being stolen. You can purchase this travel insurance from reputable Singaporean companies to enjoy extra benefits. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

@simonconner Is it a requirement for one to have a travel insurance or its just a self look out and optional?

@Gilnaj23 The user you are referring to, simonconner, is an insurance broker and thus has a commercial interest in you getting an insurance.

But in fact, there is no such requirement and getting any insurans(as a visitor of Singapore) is entirely optional. Also, insurance never reduces the chance of the insured event happening, neither does it help with the hazzle of it - you may just get some or all of the financial loss reimbursed afterwards.

So make your own decision on whether you want that, or not!

@SunnyJB96 Hey, I'm planning to visit Singapore too, I was searching up on the internet too and the places to visit there so, I can make an Itinerary when I visit, and I stumbled on this blog [link moderated] I thought this might help you like it helped me! Safe travel.

@Gilnaj23 It just upto you not a compulsory requirement

@beppi First of all i am not an insurance broker , i just telling the importance of the things which we normally skipped, Even i take travel insurance when i travel abroad, so it solely depends upon individual whether they wiling to opt or not, Just like a motorbike insurance assured you you can claim and save from financial loss like that.