Are 8100 CNY/month enough to live in Tanjin?

With one small apartment rent as well?
Thanks!

Many people have not heard of Tianjin and not aware it's as big as Shanghai.

It's true many local office workers make about 10k RMB/month but live and eat with their parents and grands or share a shitty flat with others.
You are looking for at least 20k/month gross salary to keep your sanity in chinese big cities and more likely more if you ask me again one year later!

ShanghaiDriver wrote:

Many people have not heard of Tianjin and not aware it's as big as Shanghai.

It's true many local office workers make about 10k RMB/month but live and eat with their parents and grands or share a shitty flat with others.
You are looking for at least 20k/month gross salary to keep your sanity in chinese big cities and more likely more if you ask me again one year later!

Thanks, how much cost a small apartment there?

generally speaking, I think it's ok, but it depends on your life styles.
For a small apartment (less than 90 square meters),  I think the leasing cost ususally range from 2k to 4k.

I would say that you can live in China on very little money. However, as an expat, unless you can speak the language, you will be hampered somewhat.

I would say that for Tianjin, you could probably live on 3000 RMB/month if they provided you food and rent. If you were to provide for yourself, then your bottom line would be around 5000 to 6000 RMB/month.

If you like to frequent Western restaurants, and need a daily fix of Starbucks coffee, that amount will double to around 18,000 RMB/month.

It depends on you. Me, I am always eating local, drinking local, and doing things locally. Were I to live in Tianjin, I could live comfortably on 6000 RMB/month. I would however, insist on weekends eating out, and drinking McDonalds coffee or Pacific Coffee instead of Starbucks.