Scouting trip planned, any experience with... ?

Hello, this is my first post.
Have any of you personally been to the cities of Aguascalientes, Zacatecas, or San Luis Potosi?  We are curious as to which is most ideal to raise a family, and safe, with good hospitals and enough to do (but not too fast paced)
We enjoy watching sports, visiting museums and historical sites, we absolutely love beautiful churches and cathedrals...  we like a city we can walk or ride bikes around, and hiking.   The kids want a mall and I had to promise to ask about a skate park.  We prefer somewhat of a community feel.  I'm not suggesting that a place has to have all of these things, but just trying to give you a feel about us and where we might like. 
Please, tell us of any comparisons between these cities/states, and your personal experiences and observations of visiting or living in them.
We are leaving Tucson in late June, and are trying  to be info sponges in the meantime. 
Much appreciated!

Perpetualtourist wrote:

Hello, this is my first post.
Have any of you personally been to the cities of Aguascalientes, Zacatecas, or San Luis Potosi?  We are curious as to which is most ideal to raise a family, and safe, with good hospitals and enough to do (but not too fast paced)
We enjoy watching sports, visiting museums and historical sites, we absolutely love beautiful churches and cathedrals...  we like a city we can walk or ride bikes around, and hiking.   The kids want a mall and I had to promise to ask about a skate park.  We prefer somewhat of a community feel.  I'm not suggesting that a place has to have all of these things, but just trying to give you a feel about us and where we might like. 
Please, tell us of any comparisons between these cities/states, and your personal experiences and observations of visiting or living in them.
We are leaving Tucson in late June, and are trying  to be info sponges in the meantime. 
Much appreciated!

A good start might be why are you interested in these cities. I'm sure you notices that they are 3 of 5 of the cities the U.S. does not recommend. Not that, that should be a consideration given what else the U.S. says.
Their main concerns seem to be sex based businesses, and gambling there related to military and U.S personnel. They may have a point with SLP and the recent killings of young women over several months. So that's their opinion, what is your opinion ? Why there ?

Honestly, I haven't heard of anything about that!  And I've been doing a ton of research lately.  I'll have to look into this.
honestly, we could go anywhere.  I've just been Google mapping different places and then looking up info on them.  Climate, safety, the "look & feel"...  From all I've learned thus far, all three of these cities were considered to be safe and pleasant.  I will look into this info, but it is hard to find good info that isn't skewed stats and fear-mongering from the US media.
It's very disappointing that this could be going on in these areas. 😩

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … isory.html

Is there anywhere safe in Mexico???  Haha🧐🤭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N5MifmjDo4https://www.facebook.com/MiSanLuisMx/vi … 941824269/

I live in San Luis Potosi and have for many years. It is by far the best city and has the largest historic center and cleanest and safest city I have been to. I visit the other two often, San Luis Potosi is 6000 ft, above sea level, Zacatecas is almost 9000 feet - cooler and much colder in winter. Aguascalientes is a bit larger than San Luis Potosí - has a similar climate but has a very small historic center and not as clean and not as middle class to upper middle class as San Luis Potosí. Zacatecas, to me, is too small to consider living there. San Luis Potosí is famous for its vast medical and higher education facilities

All three are safe to live in. Don´t be swayed by negative news and don´t take people´s advice that don´t live in a place or visit there often.

Thanks so much. 
I love the water features in San Luis Potosi...  Do many locals utilize them, or are they touristy/old news to locals? 
Do you know of the quality of the airport?  My husband has to fly for business every few months.
What do kids and teens like to do there?
Thanks again!

https://youtu.be/BSgOAJ6M5O8

Amazing video of SLP!  I think I would love it there!