Interested in opening a business in Bali

Good day everyone,

I was hoping I could meet some expats who happen to be living and running a business here in Bali? As I and 3 others are looking at possibly opening up a couple small stores here, and would love to hear advice and personal experiences of who have already done so.

We all live in the Philippines and have so for many years, but not all of us are from there. We also own businesses there too, and going by some info that we have researched, it seems that some things are done in sorta the same way.

However, if there is anyone here that wouldn't mind sparing some time in sharing some advice, it would be much appreciated. Also we are in Seminyak, but only staying here till the 12th of April. So even if we could also arrange a meeting that would also be nice too.

Thanks, and hope to hear from someone soon :)

You'll probably have to open a PT PMA company, that needing a minimum investment of Rp10 billion, but I seem to recall your initial investment is only about Rp2.5 billion with proof of available funds to the minimum.
That's about 950,000 bucks (oz)

As a note, the reason the investments are notable is to stop foreigners owning small businesses that will compete with local businesses, thus potentially putting locals out of work.