EP renewal pending and 4 days left fro EP expiry

Hello all

My EP is going to expire on 10 Apr and company applied for renewal a month ago. The status is still showing pending and my HR is not getting any concrete response from MOM. To start with company has decided to apply for one month extension i.e. wait and watch. My education background is quite strong. My current role is upper middle management role and is crucial for company at this stage. Also my company is one of the giant US MNC. My company has never come across this kind of issue before so HR is clueless. Not sure what all options I have.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Turnaround time for the EP for Indians is dependent on Vetting agency, their turnaround time is 30-35 days.

Let me list down the process which i understand happens for EP application:

1. You org takes document from you and applies for EP/S PASS
2. MOM review the application with basic SAT and filters based on various criteria
3. If you are eligible for all the matching filters, they register with an external agency to verify your documents.
4. The External agency would file an RTI with the respective university for getting information on your degree
5. Once the information is received, they submit it back to MOM and MOM would usually approve in case if everything looks good.

Existing EP holder turn around is much faster. I have seen many Indians with existing EP got approval less than a week.

So, MoM checks each application case by case with its merit. In renewal case, it should be much faster as the employer is remaining same. Only vetting agency come into picture, if you have submitted additional documents or information of yours which was not submitted earlier. Good luck

Thanks Surya for your reply.

I was under the same impression that renewal is always relatively faster since MOM has all your verified documents however in this case I am little surprised because it caught my company off guard. All this despite the fact that I am meeting all the major requirements of EP and still holding a EP. Looks like my case is unique.

Is MOM obliged to give final verdict before my EP expires? Thanks

Thanks Ankush for your reply.

Finger crossed if you get the EP approval before it expires. Or else you have to go back (stay away for 5 days) then enter with valid visa (if you don't have EP approval then IPA).

If your company needs you to continue working even if the EP expired and th renewal not processed yet, they can ask for a temporary renewal to cover it. But they must have good and convincing reasons.

I got my approval yesterday evening. Not sure what exactly went wrong. Anyways if end is well then all is well....

Congrats, so it's faster than the first time EP application.

Hi can we apply appeal and DP application simultaneously currently I am on STVP for one month issues by my last company whose contract is over on 5 May

Applied for DP pass through Delloit (My husband company )
Applied for EP through scintech(third party for my new employer) Got rejected- reason salary jump is more than 2000$ previous salary is 5850 current salary is 8100 with bonus without bonus 7500.

We will be filling an appeal after DP approval
So just wanted to check if we have to wait for the DP to approve first then file appeal or we can appeal now as well. Please suggest

@ ankushmaths is this the process for all EP renewal ie is the background education check done

Sachita: I think (but am not sure) the DP application and EP appeal are separate issues and can be processed in parallel. Please report back here to confirm (or disprove) after you try!

Ok beppi

Hi beppi yes we can do this simultaneously as indicated by MOM but I haven't done it yet my DP got approved in 1 day so today they have filed my appeal ,so there is no overlap
Finger crossed ..wish me luck guys.