Retirement

Hi to you all,
My partner and myself are looking for a retirement home in Spain.
We are looking for a 4 bed villa with a private swimming pool.To be near amenities and other expats.
My partner is a chef and he will be looking for work or another idea is starting a b&b at our villa.
We are looking at different areas, coastal or inland but can't decide.Our funds are limited at  E200.000 max to buy a property.
Our question is : what would be the right location  for us, regarding our funding limit and job allocation.
Hope someone can help us,
Regards,
Lorijean

the right area is impossible to say. Spain is a huge country.
Most areas have a requirement to be licenced and regulated to run a B&B.
Maybe it is time for you do do some exploration. Travel around Spain to seek that ideal location.

well - first try google search for 'starting/setting up a small business in spain' & check details
about small towns (starting from Costa Blanca) which have relatively large areas & high % of strangers such as
Algorfa, Formentera del Segura, San Fulgencio...
-
regards...jc022, entrepreneur & researcher

Hi Lorijean,

I hope you are well. Where are you currently based? Do you know how soon you are looking to buy in Spain?

Thanks,

Sam

You say retirement in spain,  but then talk about setting up a business and or working

What you will be able to do will be governed but your status: So nationality, I assume you are both UK nationals,  but are both under or over retirement age,  and will you be retired with a UK pension  and qualified for DWP medical cover, etc .  That info would help any one who would like to offer advice.

John

Hi John, in reply to your last post, I will be retiring with a pension this summer and my partner can't retire for a few years yet.We are both from the U.K. and have paid full National Health contributions.
We would like to be near or in a town/ village  but would like a villa.We have looked at properties around Valencia but couldn't find properties that met our requirements as we need to be within walking distance to amenities.I am a palliative care nurse and would like to work a few days a week in a hospice if it's possible.
Regards,
Lorraine