Spass Rejected

Hi all,

I have been working in Singapore Since September last year and was out of job last Dec. Previously I was holding TEP because my certificate was not out and company could only take me in as a trainee/student. The pass only last for few months, but my TEP was cancelled before the training ends as I have some issue with the company.

After that, another company offered me a job and applied Spass for me in the February. It was rejected 2 weeks later. I was told by the company that the reason being rejected was my cert was not submitted. I submitted the documents to my company in March, quickily after i got my cert. And the company told me appeal need 3 weeks time. After 3 weeks, which is yesterday I contacted the company, he told me MOM dismissed the appeal again and they could not offer me the employment. He replied me: you are well qualified, its due to the number and pay of our employees that is the issue.

I am not sure whether they are telling me the truth. I could not figure out why they only told me after the second rejection, if this is the issue, MOM should have to tell during the first rejection right? Could it due to my own problem, because after I resigned from the training, my boss had warned me that I probably will face difficulties when I plan to work in Sg next time.

After this incident, Can I apply the job in Singapore? Will it become an issue when new company apply a new pass for me?

Certainly you can apply or should allow to work. I believe there is a possibility that your ex employer might have given negative feedback on you, which is why MoM rejected the application. You may reach out MoM officer to see if there is an issue due to above reason or was it due to S pass quota issue at new employer. So, that you can rectify or provide rationale to MoM. Good luck

if this is due to my ex employer/s negative feedback, why would the MOm ask for my certificate? 

Is it possible to meet up with the MOM officer personally to talk about that? will they tell me the real reason for the rejection? I am hoping to get the answer from them, if this is due to that reason, I wont look for the jobs in SG at the moment.

You certainly can visit MoM office but suggest before visiting drop a query and print out their response while visiting their office or call their customer care service number to collect the same information. Bear in mind, MoM has no obligation to tell you the reason but will provide a line or two explanation which would be understandable. Good luck

Thank you for your reply. I just got an email from the employer. He said he would help me to reapply again next week. He had made some adjustments to the number and salary of their employees. My question is after the adjustments in such a short period of time, will MOM accept it and consider my application again, according to your experience?

Another thing is, my employer only apply Spass for me. I know there is an option to choose whether to apply ep/sp or sp only. I got my ep 2-3 years ago, but went bck for further studies after I resigned from my previous job. Will I have the chance to get ep if i request my employer to try apply for me? I am sure my current status, including salary increment and education level are better and qualified for EP, compared to last time.  Can I tell my employer to try for that since EP has no quota problem? Or let my employer to continue with the SP application only.

Any alteration to your pay package, should come with proper explanation that why the employer suddenly increased the salary or other benefits. Without rationale, MoM will consider that the employer is manipulating the employee's salary for the pass approval. It's a big NO, if the employer unable to provide proper explanation.

Second part of question, employer should tick both, let MoM decide which pass you are entitled for. No need to tick either of one. Good luck