Forwarding non narcotic medication from NYC to Santo Domingo

Hello All!

I have a small dilemma. I receive a 3 month supply of medication and my friend in the states accepts delivery for me. How could he forward them to me in Santo Domingo? I really don't want to fly up just to pick up pills and spend several hundred dollars. Any ideas or suggestions. Anyone else doing this.

Thank you in advance

CC

Howdy CC:

I have the same problem. I resolved it by examining local options for each subscription I have. I am a retired State cop from Texas n use the Texas Employee Retirement insurance via Miami VA. Each med has $8/month copay at the VA. Only two of my medications were more costly then 50 PERCENT PER PILL CHEAPER THAN MY US SUPPLIER'S CO-PAY (VA) that is a smaller copay than the state BC/BS coverage  Those pills are legally available from any farmacia in Santiago without prescription... plus, I don't have to visit the USA until I want to. I am currently applying for permanent residence via the Consulate in Miami.

Hope this helps. LR Davis/Rick
ps... local doctors n dentists trained in the US are pretty good... n, at a fraction of the prices in the US.

A friend picks up my meds in the US, sends them via a courior (sp) service each month. Because insurance pays , my co pay is around $10 even with shipping can afford them  Be sure to have invoice enclosed for customs. I don't even know if meds are taxed. Ask BobK or others.

Welcome to the forums. I have had meds sent via BM Cargo in their original packaging without issue. Make sure the value is under US 200 and you have an invoice for the prescription or purchase.

Thank you to everyone who was kind to respond.  It's just another little bump in the road.  Have a wonderful weekend!