Exporting a Greek Car to the UK

Hi guys

I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advise or a link to some more information.

I've been living/working in Greece for a number of years now and have a Greek registered car that I'm very fond of, but I've been offered a job in the UK I can't turn down....

What are the procedures for exporting a Greek registered car to the UK? As a friend has recommended a cheap shipping agent that offers roll on, roll off shipping to the UK. So I'm thinking ship it back and fly home to start work.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

From the UK Gov website (you can access it yourself from this link):

Tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) within 14 days that the vehicle has arrived in the UK.

Pay VAT and duty if HMRC tells you to.

Get vehicle approval to show your vehicle meets safety and environmental standards (MOT - you will need to change the headlights for ones that dip to the left).

Register and tax the vehicle with DVLA - they'll give you a registration number so you can get number plates made up.

You must also insure your vehicle before you drive it on UK roads.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Also dont forget to scroll down through previous posts everybody,you will find lots of information from other members who have kindly answered questions on previous occasions on Expat.com.