Buying a car in Greece.

As an american with a longstay visa, will I have a difficult time buying a used car?  Wondering how complicated the paperwork is, will I need proof of residence, any dilosi or other things to chase around for?   Will I be okay with my us and international driving licenses?  I'm concerned with what's involved in getting to own it,  not borrowing any money.

You'll need proof of residence, or rather, a residence permit before you can register a car.  A driving license is not a requirement to purchase a car, is one to drive the car.  Should be noted though that if you are a resident, you must obtain a national driving license, a US driving license becomes invalid once you receive a residence permit.

Hello Heargoes,I think you should make a call to your nearest Greek consulate in the US about these matters,tap in on line with this question and answers will come up or/and, you could get your relatives in Athens to drop into their nearest KEP office where they will tell them exactly what is required of you and will issue very promptly any paperwork,your relatives will know what the KEP office is.