General questions for visiting in May 2018

My wife and I have a few questions re:  traveling to Cabrera in May.  We are flying into Puerto Plata.

1.  Are any vaccinations required or recommended prior to coming into the Country?

2.  Are there any "best" places for cash exchanges such as at the airport or specifically in Cabrera/adjacent towns.

3.  Best places to buy groceries

4.  Eating & Drinking out - Are there specific places to stay away from along the NE Coast aside from the resort areas?  Should we only consume bottled drinks?

5.  Arranging ground transportation from Puerto Plata airport to Cabrera.

6.  Best ways to get around during our stay traveling up/down the NE coast & in the small towns such as Cabrera.

7.  Are Dominican Pesos the same as say Mexican Pesos & the same exchange rate with US Dollar?

Thanks

Those question can be answered best by reading the associated threads on this site. DO Not change at the airport, they give the lowest rates. Banks are usually Ok, local banks are better. Food shopping, super markets in each town. Re: Janet's in Cabarete and Playero in Sosua.  Ask and everyone will point you to the stores. Check out the local camados for deals on fruit & produce, organic stuff.Common sense predicates your moving about. Show flash, lose your cash. You can hire a driver, take the small local buses or the larger buses with A/C &  movies. They have fixed route stops.   Read, read, read the threads much more cogent info. Keep asking & you shall receive. A lot of folks here with more knowledge than I.  Welcome to this glorious island. Expats who live along the north shore can give specific  information to you.  Mexican & Dominican pesos totally different.  $USD today ....49.2 pesos.

We have a house in Cabrera and can answer ALL you questions...we know how exciting it is when first going there to really check things out.  Tinker40 is correct just search all the topics.  You can private message me and/or read our process:  Owning a Vacation Home and Building in the Caribbean

In January, we bought a unit that was under construction in Sosua. We just returned from a week spent there furnishing it, transferring utilities, adding security, lots of details. PM me, or ask if you have any specific questions.