Being denied entry and work visas

Hi there, so I've been in and out of Brazil for the past year and a half. I'm also still in the process of obtaining a work visa to remain there.

I'm coming from Belgium and therefore gain the visa upon arrival (90 days in, 90 days out). But last year I was able to leave to Argentina and then reenter after the weekend and I received another 90 days. I then remained the nessecary 180 outside of brazil.

Now I've just left brazil after another 90 days to belgium because I was initially told that coming back from my country of origin wouldn't work 'better'. Now I desocvered that the point of origin won't make a difference, but I run the same risk I did last year (and got away with without any problems).

Now For my actual question; I already purchased my return ticket to Brazil for a week after my arrival to Belgium. While I can accept being denied entry and being sent back home again if I try, I would like to know if I will receive some sort of penalty of Mark on my passport that will state my failed entry and pose a problem my work visa?

I'm hoping they'll just send me home and that'll be it... is that just being too optimistic?

Thanks for your time and please feel free to ask if anything isn't clear!

Mike

You´re saying you´re still entitled for another 90 days for a total of 180 days, correct?
If that´s the case there should be any problem or any ugly stamp on your passport...
You should have just extended inside Brazil through ANY of the Policia Federal´s offices!

robal

Yes, that's the case. But from what I understand with this type of tourist visa you have to exit for 90 days before you re enter the country.

To be clear, 90 days initial and another 90
days as an extension WHILE still inside the
country. Once the 180 days consecutive is
exhausted, you have to leave the country.

robal

After all the reading I did here I understood that only applies to countries that Apply for a visa before the trip.  The countries with the specific agreement (I can't remember the name of it) have the 90 in 90 out rule. I applied for an extension two times and was denied because of my Belgian passport.

Belgians probably have a bilateral agreement
with Brazil where Brazilians have also the
said 90/90 rule when entering Belgium.
Americans can do the 90-day extension while
in Brazil.

Visa rules and extensioms are different for differnt countries.

Jim

LikeMike101,

The next time you could just re-enter Brazil from a neighboring country like Argentina or
Uruguay. Just be sure you have the funds for the visa wait. Argentina is just a few days wait
for the visa. Another good immersion of a
different culture.

robal