Moving from US to UK

Hi All,
I would love to find out how to start the process of moving from US to UK.
What did you take? What can you take? What international shipper did you use? I want to take my bed...I have back issues and it's taken a lot of experimenting. Small appliances...like sewing machine and KitchenAid stand mixer? TV's?
It will be me and one small dog.
Any help or information would be appreciated.

Pam in WI

Good topic, I am also thinking of moving in a few months.

Hi Both and welcome to the Forum.

Your first issue will be getting into the UK; so quick question, what links do you have to the UK?

Cynic
Expat Team

My Dad was from Eltham near London, so I got a British passport back in 2012.

stevemole wrote:

My Dad was from Eltham near London, so I got a British passport back in 2012.

You should have no problem getting into the UK, although I suspect Eltham has changed a bit since your Dad lived there. :)

It's people without any links to the UK that struggle; mainly because the UK stopped issuing retirement visas some years ago.

At the top of the page is our Handy Tools link, if you select that, you'll get access to our Expat Guides, which may help answer questions you may have regarding your journey.

Once you've read them, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi, I don't think I can answer your question but I just want to share this before you start moving to the UK, take time to read this blog.migrationexpert.co.uk/11-things-you-need-to-know-before-moving-to-the-united-kingdom, blog.migrationexpert.co.uk/4-unique-british-customs-every-immigrant-must-know. Hope you can find it helpful.