Moving to NZ permanently

Hi all,

Have read lot of posts here and can someone please guide me?

1) Understand that 160 points is required for EOI.
2) How to get the points in Area of absolute skills shortage? am confused. Any links or references?

Is there any other way to move to NZ first and apply PR?

Please advise me.

-Venkat

1) Understand that 160 points is required for EOI.
2) How to get the points in Area of absolute skills shortage? am confused. Any links or references?

Is there any other way to move to NZ first and apply PR?

1-  Yes.
2-  Present your qualification and working experience in the similar field to claim points. work references, training and similar experience would help.

You may obtain a visit visa but that wouldn't help in PR application.

Hi Scaz,

Could you please clarify more on this, Claiming the obsolete skills points, they will consider only latest degree of education and related to current work experience ?

My case , I have completed the under graduation  3 years course in bachelor of science in PHYSICS ,but my post graduation in master of computer application 3 years and my work experience 13 years related to only  my post graduation  so in that case , can i claim obsolete skills points? please advice on this...

Claiming the obsolete skills points

It's Absolute, not obsolete.  :)

under graduation  3 years course in bachelor of science

A 3-year undergraduate course is generally not considered as a technical degree (To the best of my knowledge). You can probably do a self-test assessment of yourself via INZ web portal and could check yourself to how many points you can claim. It is really easy as a self-assessment option is available online.

Thanks for your reply,  Yes I did self assessment based age, education and experience. As per my knowledge I scored 150 points. But I never used absolute skills shortage option. If I will use that one I will get 15 points more. But I am confused , what basics it will consider by immigration officer? My skills are listed in long term shortage. Please advise..

Sorry, please ignore for some typo error.

But I never used absolute skills shortage option. If I will use that one I will get 15 points more. But I am confused , what basics it will consider by immigration officer?

Case officer can best answer this. My suggestion is that you may claim the points and take the risk. The case officer generally gives a chance to prove the points. If you're able to do so, you may be lucky enough.

Thanks, I connected to pathway case officer .I provided my details to them.Hopefully they will help on this clarification.

Please keep us updated on your progress. It may be helpful for others.