Familly visa

Hallo hallo.Someone have make last time visa to Germany? I mean spouse visa :)

Yes.

From which country?  :)

Singapore.

beppi wrote:

Singapore.

Hi,
Please tell me how long it took you for them to respond and the type of visa you applied for

Family reunion visa. It took about three months from submission of application and documents at the embassy to issuance of visa (but this largely depends on the foreigner authority of the town you intend to move to, so can be longer or shorter). We also needed a few weeks before that to prepare, translate and legalise the documents.

So fast 3 month.But you have this visa or they have not give you?

My wife has it. This was several years ago.

Hello my people ,I am a Beninese ,resides in Benin ,I am a man but my fiancee is in Germany
we are planning to get married in Benin republic with my German spouse next month.I have couple of questions to ask and it will be very appreciated if you could help me tackle each one of them these are the questions :
1-Must she come with a witness from Germany or with any member of her family ?
2-Must she notify the embasdy in the Benin republic of this marriage ?
3-Is it necessarily or compulsory that the certificate must be translated from Germany embassy in my country or ministry of foreign affairs and later registered in German embassy ?
4-could she go with me for interview  adter the wedding when she is here? .
5- How long could our wedding spend before applying for the visa?
Thank you here ,I am looking forward to hearing quick responses for my questions and I will really appreciate this.

1. This depends on your country's rules. Please ask your local authorities or post on the Benin forum.
2. There is no requirement to notify anyone (unless of course she, or you, want something based on the fact that you're married - e.g. a visa).
3. It is not necessary, but if you ever want to use the marriage cerificate in Germany, it is advisable to have it legalized by the German embassy in your country, and to have an official translation into German.
4. I don't think it is advisable to bring a spouse along to any interview - unless she is specifically invited.
5. In principle, you could apply fo a family reunion visa right after your wedding day (provided you fulfill the financial, accommodation and language requirements, of course). But especially if you have never lived together, it might be difficult to prove that yours is a genuine marriage and not a scam to get a visa. I'd suggest to live with her for a year or two in your country and then apply.

Thank you for your responses ,I appreciate this very much.she wants to take just two to three weeks holiday because of our wedding .could this work out with this limited period of time that she has to get the reunion visa in two or three months after the wedding because this is her wish,even her wish is is for me to follow her immediately after the wedding which I told her it is impossible to achieve this.Thanks for your time and effort taken to answer my question .I appreciate this thread a lot

how long the legalization and translation would be ready ?

please for the inconvenient ,I would like to ask whether it is my spouse financial strength they will ask for or my financial strength. thanks

Legalization is quick, at most a few days.
Translation takes as long as the translator needs, probably also a few days if you find a good one.
The visa application can take months, depending on the authorities of the German town you want to move to (the embassy will send it there for processing).
Your wife has to be able to cover your living expenses.

Visa for Germany take 4-6 month.But is depending from which country you applying

Thank you so much for your attention.which paper equivalent to medical certificate and is there any paper called like this in Germany and certificate of sprinster or bachelor or non married and tribal or can we use divorce paper to replace this?

Adeatom: As I said, the requirements to marry in your country cannot be discussed here on the Germany forum!