Legalisation of documents

Hi guys,

Do you guys know the procedures in the legalisation of documents from Australia? (uni degree, tesol cert and criminal cert).  For your information, I am holding an Australian passport and also a Vietnamese passport so would that make things any easier?

I want to avoid the hassles of doing the authentication and ligalisation work and if any under the table monies too.

Regards

If your degrees/diplomas are from Australian academic institutions (located in Australia) you need Australian authentication/apostille before VN legalization, irrespective of whatever passport you hold.

If you are already in HCMC, visit Australian Consulate - General. They will guide you. They provide certain notarial services.

http://smartraveller.gov.au/services/le … rseas.aspx

Thanks, Senwl...

I managed to call the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade today and got some answers too.

Cheers mate.

:)

Hi Clintiii,

I'm curious to know what you did eventually. I'm still in Australia and will be coming to Vietnam is 2 weeks. I have no idea where to go to Australian authentication.

By the way, I'm an Australian permanent resident but NOT a citizen. So, not sure if the Australian embassy in Vietnam will help me or not.

Thanks

Hi Jahan,

As far as I know, you would need to get your Uni degree, Tesol cert to authenticated from the DFAT(Dept. Of Foreign Affairs & Trades) in your local state then you would need to take them to the Vietnam Embassy to authenticated. That's is what I've been told in Australia from Vietnam Embassy. There is a form you can download from the smart travellers.gov.au website to get your documents authenticated. 
I suggested you do more reading about the qualification framework in Vietnam for you to land a good job offer. Having said that, most big language centres will require you to hold an Australian passport to be what called ”native speaker” but other than that you Still can find  something there.  I hope this will answer to some of your doubts.

Thanks Clintiii,

Do you know if they want the testamur certified or just the academic record transcript? I think I've lost my testamur :(

Hi Jahan,
The 2 most important docs are the Uni and the TESOL cert.

Some will require you to show the original, some ain't fuss about it.

I am different to you as I am holding a Vietnamese passport too plus my Australian.. so that will let me get away with some other things.

Cheers.

I am in Australia now until mid next month.  Can contact me if you're unsure of other things on***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct