Trailing Partner (Unmarried)

If i were to follow my partner to Shanghai and we were not married, would he be able to sponsor me so that i could have residency for a year or do i need a z visa and a legal work permit in my own right?


That's going to be extremely difficult. It would be better if your partner has a company or organization that will sponsor you or "hire" you. I've known people who got married specifically for this reason.


I am sorry for being so blunt, but China is a traditional conservative nation. You will not be considered anything unless you are married. 

Your best bet is to apply for visitor visas and renew as often as you are permitted to.

My work permit has come through. All sorted. Thanks for your response.

New topic