The best apps for expats in Afghanistan

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Afghanistan. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Afghanistan?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Afghanistan: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Afghanistan and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello
I did not use any apps while I was in Afghanistan. As I said before many times there is no regular public transport in Afghanistan. You will use private taxi and minibus. Communication is very good, there are 4 companies and the prices are quite cheap. You can call inside and abroad very cheap. Food is very cheap in Afghanistan.
Banks are very good in Afghanistan. Security is very bad nowadays in Afghanistan.

Hello, I am new in Afghanistan just arrived, couldn't find any useful apps neither, also tried the classifieds but not much to go on - while some websites are blocked.  Internet service is great  however so I can talk for hours with my family on Viper & What App etc. Also international calls abroad are yes quite cheap, so yes communications are very good. Lately can't get around outside at all, even to go to the mini market, company policy is against "unnecessary travel" due to security threats.

Hello,
Yes, you are right!
Internet is good in Afghanistan and calling abroad very cheap. Also food is nice and cheap. But as you said you are not allowed to walk in  the city. Mazar in a North and Herat in a West are two big and very safe cities in Afghanistan. You can enjoy restraints and local markets  in these cities.
I wish you a lot of enjoy in Afghanistan.