Creative resume, CV originaux ... What to do or not to do in the US ?

Hello tout le monde !
I don't know if I should ask my question in English or in French, so let's try both.

I have a little question mais très importante ...
I'm moving to Los Angeles soon and I'm looking for a job.
Ayant fait des études de communication-marketing, my resume tends to be creative / original.

I need to know if American companies like that kind of resume, the kind of resume that don't look like the others ... Or if I should stay simple, basique.

Par exemple, je veux bosser dans la musique, je pensais donc faire un resume that looks like a festival poster, and my visit card would be an access badge ... I don't know if I should be creative to differentiate myself from others or if I should send a basic resume.

Qu'en pensez-vous ? What are your advice ?
Do you know what they like ? Simplicity or creativity ?
En sachant que je vais chercher des boulots dans le domaine de la musique, mais pas en tant que créative ou graphiste. Ça pourra être en communication - marketing, oui, mais aussi pour d'autres postes tels que admin assistant, touring assistant, entertainement travel assistant ...
Oh and also, do you know if it's ok to bring your application directly to the company ? In France it's a really good thing to do. Even if the company is not hiring at the moment, going there to introduce yourself with a resume can help you get a job.
Is it the same in the US ?

Merci à vous !!!

Perhaps I could request you post in English in this section and French in the French section

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4124

15 years in recruiting I base my decisions on job requirements and what a candidate is bringing to the table.  Information presented clearly, time lines correct, no typos, no kitchen table translations, easy to read, a match with the person I am interviewing by phone to start with.
You will find it somewhat difficult to stop by and introduce yourself unless it is a mom and pop shop. Larger companies use ATPs applicant tracking systems not only as easily accessible data base but also for compliance and legal reasons and as means of in-house communication.
There are occupations which require some creativity but do not overdo it, keep it in the portfolio.
Not knowing what your professional background and your target industry is makes it almost impossible to give concise pointers.

Firstly, English is the official language in the United States, and as Fred mentioned, this is an English language forum.  I really don't understand why you are mixing French and English in your post, hopefully you are not doing the same in your resume.

twostep made some good points.  Most companies prefer you submit your resume online or they view it from an online job portal where you've applied for the position.  The days of hand carrying a hard copy and dropping it off are in the past in most cases, often it will find it's way to the recycling bin.  Resumes need to be clear, concise and accurate. Your idea of creative may just serve to annoy a recruiter or hiring manager, or manage to get passed around the office while everyone laughs.  This gets you nowhere.

Hopefully, you'll consider these comments.  I've been on both sides of the table, though it's been a while :)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello ! First of all, Expat is in English or in another languages depending on where you are connected... That's why I didn't know if I should do it in French or English.

And, excuse me but I'm upset that you think I'm stupid enough to mix two different languages on my resume..........  :sosad:

But thank you for those different comments !
It's funny to see how countries can be different for that kind of things ...
I'll stay simple then !

Again, thank you for your advice :)